Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Suction Pullers? Any experience

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Not sure about the dent pullers , but a phase tester for household use won't work. You can buy one in a motor factors that has a wire& crocodile clip on to ground it for 12-24v stuff.
    Anyway , if its corroded you need to clean it up a bit ,maybe roll up a small bit of sandpaper and use that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks Bushy, ya I cleaned the hell of it last night but no dice at all, the light was full with water so I think it maybe a new holder!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's interesting, I never knew such things (suction pullers, that is) were so readily available and so cheap! I've got a big tennis ball sized ding in my rear wing that's dying to be popped out by one of those.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

We'll form a club Alun, the happy poppers or someit!! Was suprised myself!! I'll be going around car parks now pulling dents good O!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

yop wrote:
    We'll form a club Alun, the happy poppers or someit!! Was suprised myself!! I'll be going around car parks now pulling dents good O!

be carefull. Sometimes when u pull out a dent like that, the paint can crack, and then ur talking about a bigger job, so a well experienced panal beater told me.

• Advertisement

tred wrote:
    be carefull. Sometimes when u pull out a dent like that, the paint can crack, and then ur talking about a bigger job, so a well experienced panal beater told me.

I see where ur coming from, will keep an eye on it, we had an industrial set last night which pulled it out but were too big so you could not get a right grip so it popped in again straight away and you could not easy it out.

Is a panal beater the same as a panel beater or are they based in a canal? :D I'll lend u it to pull out the dents in the mondeo ;)

Advertisement