Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinakilly House Hotel, Rathnew

Options
  • 28-08-2007 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Has anyone ever eaten or stayed there? I hear it's a very nice place, old house, and does a great Sunday lunch? Any obs would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Stayed there a couple of years ago. It's a beautiful hotel and the restaurant is fabulous.

The rooms all fit in with the era the house was built, even the newer rooms. Our room had a four poster bed and a beautiful bathroom. When we went to the restaurant for our dinner room service came to turn down our bed.

Would definately stay again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pat the Baker

Here is an article from a few weeks ago
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0727/rathnew.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And it took just under a day and the second reply to mention the "incident":D. ah yeah, it is a fancy place, I havent eaten or stayed there(lack of money, not bothered driving 4 minutes to a restaurant). Friend says its lovely though. From anyone who's stayed/eaten there, thats all they say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

got married there - great place, lovely views, excellent food.

was recently bought by a developer, so its likely to change before too long (though I believe the hotel will be retained in a revamped form).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

How do you know it was bought by a developer? I thought just the surrounding land was sold???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

I've never stayed there but a friend of mine did and raved about it. Supposed to be lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Yep, it has been bought by a developer and he plans to upgrade it. He's also bought the house down in Broadlough that was up for sale a while back. Plans to keep it for his hotel staff, so I've heard.

If you are planning to go to Tinnakilly House, then be sure to take a walk down to the broadlough lakes, beautiful. I grew up here ;)

Advertisement