Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone recommend a phone to me?

• 28-08-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

HI
    I'm looking at changing phones soon. Currently have a Motorola V3. Have had it 3 years and it was OK. Had only Nokias before that (7110, 8110, 8310 etc). I would have stuck with Nokia too except for the fact that back then they had bluetooth on hardly any phones and they refused to make flip phones.

All the phones on the market now seem to be a disimprovement to me compared to what was available a few years ago (i.e. battery life, size etc)

Can anyone recommend a decent phone that has the following specs

Good battery life (this i consider to be very important)
    Bluetooth
    Small size (- stylish looking helps too.)
    Preferably flip or slide - don't really like brick shaped phones.

I was thinking about the Krzr but it seems to have a few bad reviews. (The V3 had ****e software initially and I don't believe the KRZR has improved much?)
    The Samsung sliders also look interesting but everywhere I read opinions on them it seems to call out very bad battery life.

Looking for feedback from real users if possible - I have checked online but there is too much review info on the web which is rubbish (i.e. phones reviewed by people who don't even own them)

Opinions please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Battery life ain't what it used to be. These days having a camera and bluetooth equal about 2 days usage time. Only phones without camera, without bluetooth and lesser screen (e.g. not 65k colours etc) will give better battery life - e.g. Nokia 1600, 2310, Samsung X210, Motorola W208 etc etc.

Flip phone don't seem to be a big thing right now, not a lot of new releases especially from Nokia. The Nokia 6085 might suit if a VGA camera is okay. Good enough battery, bluetooth, smallish, flip.

From samsung the E900 is nice. Try it out first, see what you think of the touch controls.

Advertisement