Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Logmein website?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having problems using logmein.com?

When I login, and often I see a page that says that I should enable cookies (but I have done so).

Sometimes I do get to the page where I can see my list of computers and I click on an online one, the page refreshes but nothing happens.

It happens in Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 7.

Anyone else the same problem? I have the Free version only.
    I sent them an email but no response yet.

It's only since last 5 days or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

No problems with my connections. Have you tried uninstalling the related ActiveX/Java plugins/extensions and clearing out your cookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

MM stupid question, but how do I delete my java plugin?

Do I just flush the temp files in the Java control panel? I also remember that Logmein installed a firefox extension but funny enough I don't see one in my extension list?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

all working ok here for me also

It's only when I log on from my work computer, it must me either computer and/or company firewall related.

Thanks for the response

Wcool wrote:
    MM stupid question, but how do I delete my java plugin?

Do I just flush the temp files in the Java control panel? I also remember that Logmein installed a firefox extension but funny enough I don't see one in my extension list?
    From the logmein.com support section:
    1. Go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins (or whichever drive letter you install programs on)
    2. Delete the unicows.dll, npRACtrl.dll, npRescue.dll and ractrlkeyhook.dll files
    3. Go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components
    4. Delete the npRACtrl.xpt file

Next time you connect to a target computer, you will be prompted to download the ActiveX control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The retarded I.T. department here has decided that logmein is a security risked and has blocked it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Such bull****.

Made my work day pass so much faster being able to access my home PC

Have you tried SSL Explorer w/ VNC?

Deleting those files worked, but only for 1 session :(

I think I will install VNC now (with SSL, good tip!), don't like VNC that much because of the hassle with the firewall...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

all you have to do is port Forward port 5900 or NAT it to internal IP address

all sorted in minutes, what Firewall do you use?

Well I have 3:

1) windows firewall
    2) d-link router
    3) company firewall

3 is the problem, I can't change that. So I have to use 443 or 80 or something like that. Logmein is brilliant as both sides (client and server) link to a 3rd party, so the firewalls never complain.

• Advertisement

Are there any other sites like Logmein? (free and easy on the firewall)

Or are there alternatives to VNC? Is Remote desktop not in the same league anyway?

And last but not least. Which VNC? there are many nowadays, any opinions?

Have you looked at SSL Explorer? That comes with a VNC extension.

Sometimes Logmein.com works, sometimes it doesn't
    It might be my adblocker plus, firefox, noscript, cookie blocker, etc, but all seems random. If I click quickly on my computer link before the whole status page has downloaded, it often works...
    I am cynical because I don't pay the website anything, are the trying to give me a sign? Naah seems bad advertising?

Could it be me, blocking all sorts of sites, scripts, cookies??
    naah, even if I switch all off it doesn't work.
    Maybe they don't want any 'Free' customer?

Because even in IE it does not seem to work i don't know what to think.

Advertisement