Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 3 reviews start to come in

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Bah, another 2 goddamn months before release:mad:
    at least the gap isnt of the same proportions as the NTSC/PAL releases of Trauma centre, but that's still a bit too long for me to patiently wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

sweet lord that gametrailers review looks fantastic. I'm soooo looking forward to this game.

2 months to wait, well that's about long enough for me to finish echoes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Wow... that Game Trailers clip is amazing alright.

I'm just after getting over the wait for Bioshock, another 2 month wait for this could probably kill me... maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

tman wrote:
    Bah, another 2 goddamn months before release:mad:
    at least the gap isnt of the same proportions as the NTSC/PAL releases of Trauma centre, but that's still a bit too long for me to patiently wait...

Its pretty good for old "We hate Europe" Nintendo. Zelda has been out for weeks on the DS in the US (months in Japan) and ain't coming out here till 19th of October, and wouldn't be surprised if it was put back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, but they seemed to be fairly respectful towards us Euro gamers when they released the last 2 MP games. the 2 week wait for MP2 was a hell of a lot more bearable:(

/edit
    my god that gametrailers video review makes it look good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I caved a couple of months back and sold my Wii cause I needed the cash. This game was the reason I bought it in the first place, and now I can't play it.

/cry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Zelda Phantom Hourglass isn't out in the US, it's out there at the start of October, so not long before here.

Other than that, I agree, Europe gets neglected big time, and Nintendo are the worst offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

koneko wrote:
    Zelda Phantom Hourglass isn't out in the US, it's out there at the start of October, so not long before here.

Really? I remember seeing reviews a while aback, but that could have been the Americans reviewing the Jap version.

Maybe Nintendo does love Europe after all. Or maybe they just now hate America as much as Europe :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm in Boston at the moment and got to play Metroid Prime 3 2 days ago in a Gamestop here. It really looks gorgeous, although Unreal 3 powered games need not get worried, but it is a big step up from the GC games. Enviroments are much, much bigger and the art design as with all the Prime games is top notch. It definitely pushes the Wii harder than any other game yet. The soundtrack is also another classic from what I heard.

There seem to be an awful lot of characters you can interact with which might ruin the sense of isolation that the Metroid games are known for. As for the gameplay, well I didn't get much time with it but I have to say the control system really is wonderful and a joy to use. It won't be replacing keyboard an mouse since it feels totally different but it is a huge improvement over any dual analogue control. The game seems to be a lot more action orientated this time around and the control system copes well with this.

I'm going to buy a PS3 over here but can't think of 1 game I actually want on it. Prehaps I should go for the NTSC Wii and MP3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'm in Boston at the moment and got to play Metroid Prime 3 2 days ago in a Gamestop here. It really looks gorgeous, although Unreal 3 powered games need not get worried, but it is a big step up from the GC games. Enviroments are much, much bigger and the art design as with all the Prime games is top notch. It definitely pushes the Wii harder than any other game yet. The soundtrack is also another classic from what I heard.

There seem to be an awful lot of characters you can interact with which might ruin the sense of isolation that the Metroid games are known for. As for the gameplay, well I didn't get much time with it but I have to say the control system really is wonderful and a joy to use. It won't be replacing keyboard an mouse since it feels totally different but it is a huge improvement over any dual analogue control. The game seems to be a lot more action orientated this time around and the control system copes well with this.

I'm going to buy a PS3 over here but can't think of 1 game I actually want on it. Prehaps I should go for the NTSC Wii and MP3 :)

i'll reply for everyone who read your post:cool:

d@mn lucky b@stard!!(with envy and jealousy voices!);)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

seraphimvc wrote:
    i'll reply for everyone who read your post:cool:

d@mn lucky b@stard!!(with envy and jealousy voices!);)

Lucky? It's like being teased and then being tortured since I have to wait until October to play the full game. I also got a PS3 and am regretting it, not because of the the lack of decent games but because it's so bloody heavy and I have to lug it today across security :(

The fact that I got the flights through college is something to be jealous about (Mwhahahaha!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well the Wii was never going to compete visually with Bioshock or Gears of War, but MP3 certainly cooks with gas, providing some of the best adventuring anywhere, the gameplay perhaps surpassing the linear fare in the two 360 titles, not that I don't appreciate the strong story telling ability of a linear game. Metroid has always treated the gamer as an explorer, of both the levels with areas just out of reach and of Samus and her suits abilities, both features growing with the suits powers.
    There is really little like it, except perhaps Mario 64 with areas conditional on the hats you have unlocked.

Advertisement