Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Notes

Options
  • 28-08-2007 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Im looking for HL Leaving Cert notes from the Institute or Ashfield in the following subjects.

English
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    Accounting
    Geography

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

I have notes frm Yeats college in the following:

Business, geog, home-ec,biology, english. (i got A1 in business, geog and Biology, B's in the rest.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

These are my music notes:

GABCDEF

They've come in pretty handy.

(i'm sorry, i couldn't resist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

G Mixolydian sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ocuf

I have Institute notes in
    English
    Maths
    Geography

Also Spanish, Business, Physics and History

JC 2K3 wrote:
    G Mixolydian sucks.
    It's less immediately apparent that I'm talking about actual musical notes if I start on A. Also G > A. Just in general.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but you could have started on the good 'oul traditional C.

I could have... but I play the violin, and the violin starts on G. : )

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

If anyone's looking to share notes, a few of us (me and some other boardsies who did the leaving last year) are working to get a start on a resource of leaving cert notes for all subjects. We've only just started over the summer so not alot is up yet, but hopefully it should grow during the school year. Anyone can sign up and add their own notes if they want - www.zulunotes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Nice site, and a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

failsafe wrote:
    If anyone's looking to share notes, a few of us (me and some other boardsies who did the leaving last year) are working to get a start on a resource of leaving cert notes for all subjects. We've only just started over the summer so not alot is up yet, but hopefully it should grow during the school year. Anyone can sign up and add their own notes if they want - www.zulunotes.com

This is a great idea! But I'm curious about the copyright issues... as a former teacher I'm very aware that most students's notes are in fact copied directly from textbooks. Also places like The Institute might not like to see their precious material appear online for all to enjoy.

• Advertisement

Luluk wrote:
    This is a great idea! But I'm curious about the copyright issues... as a former teacher I'm very aware that most students's notes are in fact copied directly from textbooks. Also places like The Institute might not like to see their precious material appear online for all to enjoy.
    I don't think anyone arsed typing up their notes for Zulunotes is going to be copying them word for word from a textbook.

I mean in fairness, it's not "most" students that are going to contribute here. It's likely going to be mainly high achieving students who are well capable of writing notes/explaining things.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I add to zulunotes and i can say that all of my notes have been written by my own accord. I think its a great site to use and that it will benefit many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

does ne1 have notes of home economics and or buiness from grind school? how much?

does ne1 have notes of home economics, agricutural science, buiness from grind school? how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

annie19 wrote: »
    does ne1 have notes of home economics, agricutural science, buiness from grind school? how much?

any notes i've seen from grinds schools so far for ag science have not been any great shakes. make out your own or buy the revision book that came out this month, it's pretty good for most topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,525 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Especially for the sciences, you will take in a lot more of the information if you write out your own set of notes. Have a copy of Economics notes that would almost be publishable if they were complete... I like colored pens.

If your notes are potentially publishable, then they're likely not good notes IMO.

Ok, each to their own, but I think they should be done quickly, messily and be severely abbreviated and therefore will likely be unreadable by anyone but yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    If your notes are potentially publishable, then they're likely not good notes IMO.

Ok, each to their own, but I think they should be done quickly, messily and be severely abbreviated and therefore will likely be unreadable by anyone but yourself.

ok personally i wouldnt agree with that, if you want to refer to them later its no0t exactly gonna be easy to try and read them.
    perhaps neat the first time and then messy when you revise them

how long wud it take 2 do ur own notes????
    ages but it does "go in" better i have 2 admit

I must agree with Fad.
    When I make notes, I make them nice to look at, not necessarily in colours, but arrows and lines and underlining and little drawings and... well, you get the idea. My music notes are a thing to behold.
    If they don't look nice, and if they're not quick and easy to read, I'm not likely to bother.

If I'm doing "try and see how much I can remember" or "writing things down to remember it better" it's a big mess, as I'm never gonna look at that page again, but for the first time around.. it's like a book, if you're gonna refer back to it, it better be legible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement