Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint account

Options
  • 28-08-2007 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

hi everyone,

my girlfriend and i are looking to set up a jon a/c for the purpose of rent payment, does anyone have any experiance in this area with regards rates, fees, overdrawn charges ect.
    all advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Joint accounts don't tend to attract any different fees than normal accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

so any suggestions as to which bank to go with, as it will only be used to transfer money into for a short period of time, so it wont have a very high balance bar a coulple days out of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I/we have this arrangement.

I have my account, she hers, and we have a joint account with the ptsb - this is completely free (bar the usual extra service costs).

we both transfer in the same amount monthly which covers monthly costs, bills, food, etc.

so eg, 2x750 go in, and every month there is a +100-200 in it for christmas and the like.

Also have a laser card on the joint account each for grocery shopping etc.

works excellently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

sound fot that, youve been very helpfull, id say thats what well do, except the laser card though.

Advertisement