Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheamus O'Shaunessy Signs WWE 3 Year Deal...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

krudler wrote:
    the gaa are far too backward to ever let that happen

Very off topic but they've had Robbie Williams, Gareth Brooks, Muhammad Ali, American football matches, Special Olympics, U2 and a bunch of rugby and soccer matches in it this year. It's probably the least backward sporting association in Ireland. If you meet their price, they'll let anyone in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This is the correct answer. GAA can't complain about lack of money, for the amount of gate receipts Croke Park makes, yet none of the players get paid. Croke is obviously turning a profit.

However a Wrestlemania PPV will never be held overseas again. They tried that with Summerslam in 1992 and WWE felt it was a total disaster as the timing was all off for the US market (it's primary market), The PPV would need to start live over here at around midnight. And i don't think Anywhere on this side of the pond would allow that.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭irishhack

Anyone see Sheamus on TV3 this morning? He was on Ireland AM talking about his time in Irish Whip mostly and their website came up a few times. Dont know why people here say he has no mic skills, they couldn't shut him up, it was pretty funny!

At the end he had a brawl with 2 Irish Whip guys, but it was over pretty quick and it went to ads... Came over well on camera, looked huge and had a fair bit of banter with the reporter girl who barely came up to his waist.

She freaked out when the brawl started, ruined me cornflakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

irishhack wrote:
    Anyone see Sheamus on TV3 this morning? He was on Ireland AM talking about his time in Irish Whip mostly and their website came up a few times. Dont know why people here say he has no mic skills, they couldn't shut him up, it was pretty funny!

At the end he had a brawl with 2 Irish Whip guys, but it was over pretty quick and it went to ads... Came over well on camera, looked huge and had a fair bit of banter with the reporter girl who barely came up to his waist.

She freaked out when the brawl started, ruined me cornflakes!

Nope - but saw him on Dame Street this morning...has he lost weight, cause he is definitely smaller, in fact I would go to say he looked tiny

Future WWE Cruiserweight champion material? ;)
    VR!

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Nope - but saw him on Dame Street this morning...has he lost weight, cause he is definitely smaller, in fact I would go to say he looked tiny

THought you werent a fan? Stalking wrestlers aint legal is it? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

irishhack wrote:
    At the end he had a brawl with 2 Irish Whip guys, but it was over pretty quick and it went to ads...

Are you sure they were IWW lads? I thought Sheamus and IWW didn't exactly get on well now? Sorry if I'm mistaken

I don't know how big he is now, but I find it very hard to believe that he was ever 6ft 6 and 20 stone. I coulda sworn I was about the same height as him, and I'm not near 6ft 6! They said he was 195lbs or something like that when he was on some RTÉ show before too. But sure he's not the only wrestler to exaggerate his stats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

irishhack wrote:
    THought you werent a fan? Stalking wrestlers aint legal is it? ;)

Actually is more illegal for wrestlers stalking people to try and get them to become fans :)

Fozzy thats what I figured, never saw him in person, so to speak, so from where I was standing today, less then 10 feet from him, he looked very average built and not a lot taller then me, and I'm 6"2

• Advertisement

God that winking smiley is annoying. Its like "ooh look at me I made a funny", but the very fact you used that turd of a smiley means you didn't make a funny, because if you did you wouldn't have needed to use a smiley in the first place.

I hear-by decree that from now on anyone who uses that smiley to be branded a dick-head.

Ah, it's VR's signature smiley and he's the heel of the board. It's allowable

Oh, and just a heads-up to anyone who could be bothered editing SOS's Wikipedia page, it says on it: "Recently, S.O.S. defeated Chavo Guerrero in a dark match before a SmackDown! taping while using an ancient Celtic warrior gimmick, which included a sword, shield and helmet." It was confirmed a couple of days later that it was Johnny Stamboli working his REDRUM gimmick and not SOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Actually is more illegal for wrestlers stalking people to try and get them to become fans :)

Fozzy thats what I figured, never saw him in person, so to speak, so from where I was standing today, less then 10 feet from him, he looked very average built and not a lot taller then me, and I'm 6"2

6ft2 is not short especially since he is only 6ft6 :rolleyes: Although I do agree he doesnt look the 20 stone he is said to be.
    I absolutely love the Irish curse entrance music though.

God that winking smiley is annoying. Its like "ooh look at me I made a funny", but the very fact you used that turd of a smiley means you didn't make a funny, because if you did you wouldn't have needed to use a smiley in the first place.

I hear-by decree that from now on anyone who uses that smiley to be branded a dick-head.

I hereby (christ,and you got offered Philosophy in college?, I hope basic english wasn't a requirement) decree that from now on, your opinion doesn't really matter on this board. You post on average once a month, usually a one-liner of no substance.

And just for you Peter.... ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

This is the correct answer. GAA can't complain about lack of money, for the amount of gate receipts Croke Park makes, yet none of the players get paid. Croke is obviously turning a profit.

However a Wrestlemania PPV will never be held overseas again. They tried that with Summerslam in 1992 and WWE felt it was a total disaster as the timing was all off for the US market (it's primary market), The PPV would need to start live over here at around midnight. And i don't think Anywhere on this side of the pond would allow that.

VR!

Dublin for Sam 2008

blackbelt wrote:
    Dublin for Sam 2008
    Sam? Uncle Sam? Sam The Black?
    You've lost me!

VR!

• Advertisement

Sam Maguire Cup :D

I see... and is this Sam Maguire gonna headline Wrestlemania in Croke Park in 2008? Please... enlighten me!
    (please bear in mind that RAW has pretty much no bloody roster, so they have to bring in SOMEONE!)

VR!

No,its going to headline the All Ireland Final on 14th September with Dublin winning the title.That will be better than next years Wrestlemania.

The way WWE is self destructing, a Tom and Jerry cartoon is gonna be better than next years Wrestlemania :D

VR!

Actually on the point of wrestling and GAA,the WWE could spice things up by vacating the title for a couple of months and bringing in new and old stars to compete for the title in the same format as the AI Championship.That would be months and months of speculating of who is going to win the WWE Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Fozzy wrote:
    Are you sure they were IWW lads? I thought Sheamus and IWW didn't exactly get on well now? Sorry if I'm mistaken

I don't know how big he is now, but I find it very hard to believe that he was ever 6ft 6 and 20 stone. I coulda sworn I was about the same height as him, and I'm not near 6ft 6! They said he was 195lbs or something like that when he was on some RTÉ show before too. But sure he's not the only wrestler to exaggerate his stats!

Ah the old wrestler exaggerates his stats bit :D Let's see him go face-to-face with Paul Wight (a legit 6'11-7ft guy whom i have met 3 times with my 6'5 friend) and if he is up to Wight's eye level then i will believe he is 6'6 legit.

BTW most of the guys in IWW are overbilled by about 2-3" (i know a few personally) so i would say SOS is between 6'3 and 6'4 legit. No way on planet earth is he 280lb, my friend who is 6'5 weighs 255lb and he looks much bigger than SOS weight wise

I'm in semi-agreement. I'm not on for throwing in old stars as thats the problem WWE has faced too many times, the lack of pushing new/current stars. Take 2002 for example, They had Jericho drop the title to HHH, which isn't so bad until you take into consideration that he transitioned the title to Hogan one month later, who then transitioned it to Undertaker a further month later. Leaving the WWE title scene dull and uninteresting (segments where Hogan can't start a bike to chase Undertaker on, and then Undertaker hogtieing Hogan to a bike and riding around!).

It took Rock v Brock to save the WWE title scene again! Keep the hasbeens away from the belt. Undertaker has already proven (to me anyway) that he doesn't even have it in him to work the schedule needed for a World title run. Give some of the fresh guys more exposure. It worked for Cena only now he is suffering major overexposure!

VR!

rossie1977 wrote:
    No way on planet earth is he 280lb, my friend who is 6'5 weighs 255lb and he looks much bigger than SOS weight wise

Does anyone actually know how to convert stone to lbs properly anyway?
    VR!

divide pounds by 14 or vice versa. i am just so used of pounds at this stage, seems weird talking in stones

Maybe if WWE brought Hogan back and pit him against Kennedy and Orton etc it would do nicely with Hogan at least jobbing to one of them.Thats how Brock really got over in my opinion.

Back to the format of the WWE/GAA Championship,what they could have is all the ECW,Smackdown/Raw/Heat competing in a championship for each brand with the champion of that brand progressing to a quarter final automatically while the losers of each match go into a qualifier system to get a spot in the quarter final later on.It could be an open draw.Bring Hogan,Jericho,Big Show/Angle back and have a situation where each of them is hyped up to win the title.Obviously some people hate Hogan now but it is kind of the same in GAA with Dublin,Meath and Kerry.

I think a format/storyline like this could seriously improve ratings and make the championship scene more interesting.

There is 14lbs in a stone.Its multiplication people.

blackbelt wrote:
    Maybe if WWE brought Hogan back and pit him against Kennedy and Orton etc it would do nicely with Hogan at least jobbing to one of them.Thats how Brock really got over in my opinion.

No bloody way! Brock was well over by the time his small feud with Hogan came along. And if i recall correctly, there were problems with that Hogan v Brock program too with Hogan trying to pull power plays left right and centre. Brock was already hugely over as a heel, and his win over Rock (who people were pissed off with anyway as he was leaving again for Hollywood) cemented his position as the top heel.
    Back to the format of the WWE/GAA Championship,what they could have is all the ECW,Smackdown/Raw/Heat competing in a championship for each brand with the champion of that brand progressing to a quarter final automatically while the losers of each match go into a qualifier system to get a spot in the quarter final later on.It could be an open draw.Bring Hogan,Jericho,Big Show/Angle back and have a situation where each of them is hyped up to win the title.Obviously some people hate Hogan now but it is kind of the same in GAA with Dublin,Meath and Kerry.

Again, i'd be up for the idea but Hogan is a no-no as he'd want the win and everything centred around him, and even if he didn't get it, he'd still want everything centred around him (Savage winning the title in 88 anyone?), Big Slow is in horrible physical condition and Angle is in even worse mental condition. Jericho needs to return, and probably will soon to promote his book.
    I think a format/storyline like this could seriously improve ratings and make the championship scene more interesting.

Make a few talent swaps and WWE would be onto a winner.
    VR!

blackbelt wrote:
    Dublin for Sam 2008

haven't ye guys been saying that for the last 25 years and only one win to show for it :p Can't see ye winning next year either, semi-final maybe and then either cork, galway, mayo, kerry, tyrone or armagh will beat ye :)

Fozzy wrote:

Defo. The Irish whip web address appeared at the start of the TV3 interview then a brawl broke out at the end when he said something about leaving iww to go for bigger things in the wwe. 2 iww lads jumped in and laid into him saying: "isnt irish whip good enough for you?"

They laid into him but SOS picked one of them up over his head and dropped him, then he grabbed an axe and they quickly went to an ad break with the TV3 lady screaming for security!

Wasnt bad for 8am!

Sheamus is on News Talk 108 right now

www.newstalk.ie

• Advertisement

VR; Brock Lesnar got over in the WWE :eek: When did this happen :p

Paul Wight has lost a fair bit of weight, he is down to about 400lb legit now from what I hear. Needs to get down to his old college basketball weight of 335lb or thereabouts to be effective in the ring again though

Angle is a legend and depite his personal demons, the guy can draw. He was super-over prior to leaving the WWE last year.

jericho yes, but the guy is tiny and Vince won't push a guy that small unless he is non-white.

Hogan has many good points but he brings so much baggage....

I would throw a few more names out, maybe akebono, bob sapp, simply to increase rating rather than quality of matches??

rossie1977 wrote:
    haven't ye guys been saying that for the last 25 years and only one win to show for it :p Can't see ye winning next year either, semi-final maybe and then either cork, galway, mayo, kerry, tyrone or armagh will beat ye :)

Dublin won in 1983 with the 12 apostles v Galways 14 and then in 1995 against Tyrone.Galway,Mayo and Armagh didn't even get to a quarter final and they don't look like they will if they keep this years performance up.What happened to ye against Sligo and Kildare Rossie?:D

Anyway,this is a pro wrestling forum,lets not get sidetracked too much.The system the GAA have for their championship could be implemented into WWE as an angle to generate more hype and interest.The current storylines are rubbish and if the WWE concentrated more on the actual wrestling in the said proposal,creative could come up with new storylines instead of the rushed ones we have now.Not that I watch anyway really but I used to be big into wrestling. WWE.com is how I keep in touch.

Last but not least,well done to SOS.Afterall this thread is about his achievements and the first true Irishman to make it to WWE is nothing to be laughed at like what I've read previous.

rossie1977 wrote:
    VR; Brock Lesnar got over in the WWE :eek: When did this happen :p

Um, the entire year of 2002, he was huge as a heel, was so over by the end of the year that he had to be turned face.
    Paul Wight has lost a fair bit of weight, he is down to about 400lb legit now from what I hear. Needs to get down to his old college basketball weight of 335lb or thereabouts to be effective in the ring again though

He can lose all the weight he wants to, his injuries have added up and practically forced him into retirement
    Angle is a legend and depite his personal demons, the guy can draw. He was super-over prior to leaving the WWE last year.

I never said he wasn't a draw, and i never said he hasn't reached legendary status (although he's tearing it away month after month), but WWE will not rehire him anytime soon, especially when they released him for his own good to get himself sorted, then jumped to the competition.
    jericho yes, but the guy is tiny and Vince won't push a guy that small unless he is non-white.

Shawn Michaels anyone?
    I would throw a few more names out, maybe akebono, bob sapp, simply to increase rating rather than quality of matches??

Akebono?? After Wrestlemania 21 with your boy Big Slow? Be serious! :)
    VR!

I hereby (christ,and you got offered Philosophy in college?, I hope basic english wasn't a requirement) decree that from now on, your opinion doesn't really matter on this board. You post on average once a month, usually a one-liner of no substance.

And just for you Peter.... ;)
    VR!

And you are...?

And you are...?
    ... more important than you. Next!

VR!

Next? What does that even mean? Not even sure how or why we’ve gotten into this but knowing my first name and reading my posts in other forums doesn’t mean you know me, nor does superior spelling make you more intelligent. That is all. Enjoy your discussion on SOS.

Flan! (!!!)

Not even sure how or why we’ve gotten into this but
    It's quite easy, you came on bitching about people that use winky smileys, which would be half the PW forum. Surely you're not suffering amnesia already Mr Flanagan?
    knowing my first name and reading my posts in other forums doesn’t mean you know me, nor does superior spelling make you more intelligent. That is all.

And i never claimed either. And a good day to you sir.
    VR!

VR; michaels is bigger than jericho. Jericho is 5'8 max and wore monster lifts in the WWE so as not to look like a midget. Michaels is very close to 6ft; 5'11-5'11.5 or so. i have met both btw and in real life you wouldn't take Jericho for a wrestler at all.

you call carlito a midget yet carlito is taller than jericho :D

rossie1977 wrote:
    VR; michaels is bigger than jericho. Jericho is 5'8 max and wore monster lifts in the WWE so as not to look like a midget. Michaels is very close to 6ft; 5'11-5'11.5 or so. i have met both btw and in real life you wouldn't take Jericho for a wrestler at all.

you call carlito a midget yet carlito is taller than jericho :D

Uh, Michaels in his first WWE run wore the lifts in the boots too, you'll notice the height difference when you see DX in 2006 and DX in 1998 ;)

Kane also wore lifts in the boots to be the same height as the Undertaker so they could get away with the comparison of being brothers. Boot lifts were the rage in the late 90s ;)

VR!

PS: Carlito's hair does not count as part of his height!

• Advertisement

glen jacobs and mark calloway are the same height. met both of those guys in sneakers in hotels in new york and chicago both 6'7-6'7.5. Jacobs did wear lifts between 1997-2000 you are correct though but he was taller in them than taker not the same height. Jacobs towered my legit 6'4 friend and he wasn't wearing wrestling gear.

Carlito is around 5'8.5-5'9 legit without the hair, met him in chicago.

I have never heard of Michaels wearing lifts, met him on the street in New York in 2002 just before Summerslam and the night before WM22 in Westin O'hare he is a legit 5'11, he was the exact same height as me in ordinary shoes. As for Jericho the guy is really tiny. 5'8 might be pushing it. When i saw him in New York i couldn't believe how small he was, ditto Benoit, Eddie, chavo, Funaki etc

Jericho needs to return, and probably will soon to promote his book.

I'm not so sure that he will. His book has nothing to do with WWE (not even the content), so unless they're willing to promote it for free or if Jericho wants to pay them something to help out, they won't be giving it any advertisements. It's likely that Jericho will be touring and doing book-signings to promote it, which would mean that he won't be free to return to WWE for a while yet
    irishhack wrote:
    Defo. The Irish whip web address appeared at the start of the TV3 interview then a brawl broke out at the end when he said something about leaving iww to go for bigger things in the wwe. 2 iww lads jumped in and laid into him saying: "isnt irish whip good enough for you?"

Kinda strange I'd have thought... He left IWW last year and he's worked shows with the NWA/CPW guys since. Ah well, some promotion for IWW I suppose

rossie1977 wrote:
    I have never heard of Michaels wearing lifts, met him on the street in New York in 2002 just before Summerslam and the night before WM22 in Westin O'hare he is a legit 5'11, he was the exact same height as me in ordinary shoes. As for Jericho the guy is really tiny. 5'8 might be pushing it. When i saw him in New York i couldn't believe how small he was, ditto Benoit, Eddie, chavo, Funaki etc

I did say he DID wear lifts, i also said that he doesn't look as tall beside Triple H now as he did in 1998. ;) Wrestling Observer newsletter also reported it around 95 when he started wearing them. You'll also notice a height difference at Wrestlemania 12 against Bret as opposed to Survivor Series 92. The camera doesn't lie, and i sincerely doubt Shawn grew! ;)

Benoit and Eddie were small, but a lot bigger by the time 2004 rolled around. Not in height mind you. Funaki was always small since his debut in the WWE in 98. But looked like a giant in Michinoku Pro.

VR!

I did say he DID wear lifts, i also said that he doesn't look as tall beside Triple H now as he did in 1998. ;) Wrestling Observer newsletter also reported it around 95 when he started wearing them. You'll also notice a height difference at Wrestlemania 12 against Bret as opposed to Survivor Series 92. The camera doesn't lie, and i sincerely doubt Shawn grew! ;)

Benoit and Eddie were small, but a lot bigger by the time 2004 rolled around. Not in height mind you. Funaki was always small since his debut in the WWE in 98. But looked like a giant in Michinoku Pro.

VR!

Well i am just saying what i saw. in person Shawn is a legit 5'11-5'11.5, jericho is no more than 5'8.

Shawn wore space type boots circa 1995, they looked fishy but personally i don't think they were any different than his normal boots because he was still 1.5" or so shorter than 6'1 Vince around that time in interviews in the middle of the ring. Shawn did have major back surgery in 1998 and he could have lost a half an inch or so because of that, i know one of my best friends has lost height due to back surgery and he is 23.

I didn't meet Michaels till 2002 so i cannot comment on whether he lost height or not. Triple H is a legit 6'2'-6'2.5 btw (or at least was, multiple injuries and surgeries will eventually take their toll), i never met trips but i have been informed by reliable people this is the case

VR; whats the story with Michaels and Hart in 1992 as opposed to wrestlemania 12??

i met Bret in dublin after the WWA show in 2001 and he looked 5'11 and no more to be honest. his son Dallas whom i drank all night with in Chicago Westin o'hare during WM22 weekend is 6'5 and bret's daughter jade is hot btw :p ted dibiase jr was there too and everyones fav teddy hart popped in from time to time, nice guy i thought

The story is Michaels was taller in the match in 96 than he was in 92. Those space boots did have lifts in them.

If we really want to get back to the point, they can't sink any lower than giving Rey Mysterio a big push, Paul London would look like a monster by comparison ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

The story is Michaels was taller in the match in 96 than he was in 92. Those space boots did have lifts in them.

VR!

just did a quick run through of both matches on dailymotion there, and they never have a proper staredown in either, bret is further from the camera in the coming together at the start of WM12 with Monsoon so its a waste of time trying to compare.

btw don't take Dave Meltzer's word as gospel, he told me that Paul Silva was 7'3.5 yet Silva doesn't look any taller next to Akebono barefoot than Paul Wight did and he doesn't look taller than Dalip Singh in a staredown either.

rossie1977 wrote:
    just did a quick run through of both matches on dailymotion there, and they never have a proper staredown in either, bret is further from the camera in the coming together at the start of WM12 with Monsoon so its a waste of time trying to compare.

btw don't take Dave Meltzer's word as gospel, he told me that Paul Silva was 7'3.5 yet Silva doesn't look any taller next to Akebono barefoot than Paul Wight did and he doesn't look taller than Dalip Singh in a staredown either.

I'll take Meltzers word over a starstruck fan thanks very much, with all due respect. But the chances are he's met them more times than you have.

Find the segment on RAW where Piper, Bret and Piper are all standing beside each other, you'll find the comparison. :)

Whats with your obsession with wrestlers heights anyway? ;)
    VR!

I'll take Meltzers word over a starstruck fan thanks very much, with all due respect. But the chances are he's met them more times than you have

Whats with your obsession with wrestlers heights anyway? ;)
    VR!

starstruck fan thats a good one :D not a chance; when you have met as many pro-wrestlers past and present as i have, its only then that you begin to understand the world of pro-wrestling. Christ man i drank beer with Steve Austin in Hilton New York and with Mick Foley in Westin O'Hare (foley didn't drink) :p

you wouldn't hold Ric Flair in such high regard btw if you met him in person VR and i can assure you of that.

my interest in wrestlers true stats (height/weight) etc started at WM3 with the whole hogan/andre staredown and Gorilla claiming Andre was 7'5 :eek: when in fact he was no more than 6'10. i knew then wrestling stats were bulls**t.

I'm just saying don't believe everything meltzer's says, he is a dirt sheet writer, if he was a real journalist he would work for the Sun :) i like Meltzer as much as the next guy but some of the stuff he writes is complete bollox imo, but at least he is better than guys like Mike Mooneyham

i'll look for that segment with Piper, Michaels, and bret, i just hope you are not yanking my chain again though

The segment did happen, it was on an episode of RAW in 1996, either late february or early march when Piper made the match a 1 hour ironman match, he tells them to shake hands now, because you'll be hating each other at Mania.

The Andre one was an obvious lie, especially at Wrestlefest 88 when the cage is meant to be 15' high, but Andre is nearly looking over it! ;)

I hold Flair in high regard for his accomplishments inside the ring, not outside. I've met a few pro-wrestlers myself, thankfully all good experiences. Granted i don't travel halfway around the world to do so, I don't feel the need to. Flair is no angel outside the ring, i've heard that from several people. It depends on when ya catch them, it's like anyone really.

I don't take everything he says as gospel. As for him working for the sun, they couldn't pay him enough. Enough people have praised Meltzers work over the years, including your boy Mick Foley. Meltzer is often misquoted though, thats one thing i've learned over the years. :)

VR!

meltzer is a tremendous asset to the world of pro-wrestling, that i have no doubt. The wrestling world would be a much worse place without him.

But sometimes he is wrong for sure, none of us are infallible no matter how hard we try.

I don't know whether shawn wore lifts circa 1995, really the only person that knows that for sure is shawn, we can assume till the cows come home. I remember circa 1995 when there were lots of people saying Paul Wight wore lifts to look 7ft (most were Andre fans btw :p), yet when he goes up against 6'8 akebono at WM21 he towers him by at least 4" and barefoot at that.

Having met flair in 2001, 2002, about 20 times over a four day period in March 2004, 2006 and 2007, i can tell you this for a fact HE IS NOT A NICE GUY. great wrestler in the 1980s and all but cmon you don't have to be such an a**hole in real life. Dwayne Johnson was a top star and a movie star yet he is a cool guy in person

• Advertisement
Advertisement