Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheamus O'Shaunessy Signs WWE 3 Year Deal...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

rossie1977 wrote:

I'm just saying don't believe everything meltzer's says, he is a dirt sheet writer, if he was a real journalist he would work for the Sun :) i like Meltzer as much as the next guy but some of the stuff he writes is complete bollox imo,

I'm a huge admirer of Dave Meltzer's writing. I'm not saying he's perfect or always right but his consistent coverage of wrestling, written so well is something like I said, I really admire.

This is Frank Deford's (senior writer for Sports illustrated and 6 time US sports writer of the year) opinion of Meltzer's work last week:
    Meltzer, I believe, is the most accomplished reporter in sport journalism. It's incidental that his sport is not a fashionable one. It's Meltzer's comprehensive knowledge that makes his death tally so accurate and so awful especially as it shows that the vast preponderance of wrestlers who have died either lost their lives outright to drug overdose or died of heart attack, liver or kidney failure, clearly brought on by drug abuse.

Full article and audio which is worth a listen here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=13829386

By the way rossie, just out of curiosity, have you ever met any wrestlers before?~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

By the way rossie, just out of curiosity, have you ever met any wrestlers before?~

before what??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

rossie1977 wrote:
    before what??? :confused:

Apologies, the tetchy side of me was coming out. I wish I could refer to a wrestler I met every time I posted on the board. Name dropping is an art I'll just never master.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rossie1977 wrote:
    Having met flair in 2001, 2002, about 20 times over a four day period in March 2004, 2006 and 2007, i can tell you this for a fact HE IS NOT A NICE GUY. great wrestler in the 1980s and all but cmon you don't have to be such an a**hole in real life. Dwayne Johnson was a top star and a movie star yet he is a cool guy in person

With all due respect again, but did it ever occour to you that he just plain out didn't want to talk to you? I'd be a bit pissed off at the same guy harrassing me 5 times a day! ;)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

rossie1977 wrote:
    he is optimistic alrite but confidence and optimism is really needed in spades if one is to make it as a pro-wrestler in the States.

I think if he worked hard at the "Irish warrior" gimmick it could draw over there. He needs to enroll in acting classes as soon as he gets to Florida though to give his character more depth. Laurinaitis sure does love big guys :rolleyes:

I can see WWE repackaging SOS with some silly Irish gimmick (brother of hornswoggle :eek:), look at what they have done to poor Ryan Wilson :(

Strangely I would like to see S.O.S in a tag team with Dave "Fit" Finley. The tag team division needs some life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

With all due respect again, but did it ever occour to you that he just plain out didn't want to talk to you? I'd be a bit pissed off at the same guy harrassing me 5 times a day! ;)

VR!

VR you are assuming stuff in your head, man ;) For wrestlemania 20, one of the guys we happened to get friendly with was staying in the Hilton New York; so was the entire WWE roster by chance. I saw Flair everywhere, restaurant, shops, inside elevator, outside elevator, smoking outside the front door, at the bar etc. I never once asked Flair for either an autograph, picture, nothing, because I knew from 2002 there was no chance in hell (autographs are plain stupid anyway, but a picture would have been cool). Unless you are a hot young girl (preferbly under 25 then Flair won't give you the time of day)

But i watched him each time, either ignore or hiss at little kids/other older marks while many other wrestlers acted normal. Flair thinks he is better than everyone else. I support Liverpool and i can say the exact same thing about that pr**k Emile Heskey whom i met too :mad: (but thats for another day).

Even when Sensational Sherri's son Jared brought us into the Westin O'hare as invited guests on the night before WM22, Flair still acted like a d**k and walked off straight away while Bob Orton Jr, Mene Gene, Joey Styles stayed talking to us. Everyone thought we were wrestlers that night, because only wrestlers and their families were allowed enter the hotel

rossie1977 wrote:
    VR you are assuming stuff in your head, man ;) For wrestlemania 20, one of the guys we happened to get friendly with was staying in the Hilton New York; so was the entire WWE roster by chance. I saw Flair everywhere, restaurant, shops, inside elevator, outside elevator, smoking outside the front door, at the bar etc. I never once asked Flair for either an autograph, picture, nothing, because I knew from 2002 there was no chance in hell (autographs are plain stupid anyway, but a picture would have been cool). Unless you are a hot young girl (preferbly under 25 then Flair won't give you the time of day)

Not assuming anything, just playing devils advocate. I'll take what ya say at face value for all i actually care. It is cool when one gets to meet their heroes, i've met a few musicians and i haven't had any bad experiences to this day (which i am thankful for).

VR!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just after reading all the comments there seems to be alot of critism bein thrown at SOS which I think is a bit harsh. Im a proud Irishman and am delighted that SOS is an Irishman that will hopefully make a name for himself and Ireland in the worldwide entertainment stage this one being the WWE. Im proud of any Irish person regardless of sport, promotion, interests or career who trys to make it to the top and show the world that Irish people mean business. Best of luck to him, hopefully we'll be seen him on Sky Sports/Box Office real soon:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Showbiz Ireland have an article on Sheamus today: http://www.showbizireland.com/news/september07/03-sos09.shtml

Complete with photos of him having the craic

EDIT: Ah, I get why Showbiz Ireland are always doing articles on Sheamus now! His manager is the owner and editor of the site. I should have copped on sooner

Heh bus-teaaaaaad!
    VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement