Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol Consumption

Options
  • 28-08-2007 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hey, I drive a 99 Ford Fiesta 1.25L, good condition, about 70k up on it. Recently i've thought that its been drinking petrol a little faster than usual (might be just the price of petrol thats giving the illusion), so I monitored how often i put petrol in and what miles it did... anyway i was doing roughly 40 miles/gallon (or 9 miles/litre)

... anyone know if thats good or bad??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

Never mind, just realised thread is in the wrong forum ... is it possible to delete it? can't see how

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i think you should leave it where it is and join www.everyfordireland.com where we love chit chat like that and welcome all fords EVEN tractors, although we've yet to be tested on that claim :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

I had a 1.25zetec 2000 model.
    It loved fuel. I have a 1.4 Accent now which i think uses less.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

juror wrote:
    Hey, I drive a 99 Ford Fiesta 1.25L, good condition, about 70k up on it. Recently i've thought that its been drinking petrol a little faster than usual (might be just the price of petrol thats giving the illusion), so I monitored how often i put petrol in and what miles it did... anyway i was doing roughly 40 miles/gallon (or 9 miles/litre)

... anyone know if thats good or bad??

Fuel comsumption varies a lot, you don't say if it's city or country driving. But from the Parkers website 40mpg is what it gets.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/Review.aspx?model=282&page=7

Are you buying petrol by the litre or the Euro, prices fluctuate all the time so if you only buy €10 then you can get more or less petrol. Whereas if you always buy 10l then you'll get a true mpg, but the cost will change.

Advertisement