Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extension over hanging Party wall

• 28-08-2007 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hi guys,

I would like to enquire about a neighbour who has recently build and extension which I can only assume is within the 40sq m. beside the party wall. I have no problem with that everyone is entitled to do this. However my problems are as follows

1 They have put gutters up on our side of their extension which actually are over hanging the boundary wall and on into our garden. I am sure this is not allowed. Would love someone to cofirm.

2 The fascia the gutters are attached to encroach on the 4 inch gap that is suppose to be left between the boundary wall(I think I read about the 4inch gap somewher) and which only leaves a 2 inch gap.

3 They have attached a metal sheet to their extension and onto the party wall to stop the rain getting down into the gap between the extension and the party wall. I think i heard before that nothing could be attached to the party wall. You might confirm.

If they are in breach of the planning rules what steps would we have to do to get them to change it?? Hopefully take it down!! We want to try and be as neighbourly as possible because we have recently moved in the house but with out it affecting us selling it in years to come!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

For legal advice seek the assistance of a solicitor.

Local and national planning permissions are available on-line from the local authorities. If the planning permission is not listed call the local planning authority. Failing that write to the local planning authority, seeking an enforcement notice against the party in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

^^ what he said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement