Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman on the quay 05:15 this morning

• 28-08-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

lads i was driving to work this morning and was coming along the quay at around 05:15 when i was flagged down by a woman in the middle of the road who appeared to be in a distressed state and stopped to ask her what was wrong, she appeared to have a fat lip and looked very shook up! and all she would say to me was "sir you would,nt give me 5euro to get a taxi home" i was,nt satisfied by this and asked her what happened her and all she could tell me was someone left her there! and i asked her did she want me to ring the guards for her but she sidetracked this and kept asking me for money! did anyone else come across this woman in the middle of the road outside ulster bank on the quay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Must ask my aul fella when he gets home. Would have been on the quay shortly after.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Saw her at 5.35am at the clock tower. The guards were heading in that direction also. She was lying on the middle of the road. (Also on my way to work by the way)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lying in the middle of the road is one way of her getting herself killed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Was she wearing black night club ish clothes ? Black hair, tanned, english accent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God Waterford gets up really early.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Some of Waterford isn't even asleep at that stage, Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭waterford mma

5 euro for a taxi? unless her house is on o connell street €5 aint gonna cover her taxi

suspicious. she should have been asking for ten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

maybe someone else gave her 5 already?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Maybe she was collecting money and already had 100e :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

5 euro for a taxi? unless her house is on o connell street €5 aint gonna cover her taxi

suspicious. she should have been asking for ten
    i know ye did,nt give her anything though coz if she was genuinely in trouble she would have asked for help! was talking to one of our lads that drives freshway,s van and he said she came up to the back door of dunnes asking lads did they want sex, i thinks she a prostitute that got dumped by trucker or something, from what i recall she did,nt have a local accent anyway talked a bit like a traveller

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

mike65 wrote:
    God Waterford gets up really early.

Mike.
    we do boy i get up at 4.45 every morning to start on the road from depot at half 5

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭simona

Jesus 5euro wouldn't bring you far in Waterford!
    scary people,ah?

Advertisement