Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medal Of Honour Airbourne Demo

• 28-08-2007 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

What did anyone that downloaded this think of it?early impressions were so so but I stuck with it and actually enjoyed it.Still the only decent Medal of honour was the first one and this my prove to be useless too.

Will Brothers in Arms High Highway and Call of Duty 4 ever be out......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

CoD4 out early november, and thank god it's not another WWII shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I am totally sick of WW2 games. It's been done, and done better, elsewhere. Time to move the MoH series on, or retire it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Only problem about Korea is the yanks and brits didnt win that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They've already done Vietnam games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah WW2 has been done to death. As the OP said, the original MOH was the good one; every single title in the series since has sucked balls. COD did WW2 much better than MOH ever could and now its moving into modern day combat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hmmm. I'm still looking forward to returning to Castle Wolfenstein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Liked the demo, visually it was very impressive and the open world feel to it was unique in a WWII shooter.
    But I have to say I'm only getting around to finishing COD3 now and I can't bear the thought of another WWII FPS, especially with the titles that are due for release over the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Agree that a WWI game would be great.
    I'm amazed it hasn't be done before-huge gap there for some smart game developer

WW2 still remains very much in the public mind with books films games etc I know I grew up reading nothing but comics that seemed WW2 was still being fought.WW1 was a long time ago and there are very few veterans left although there does seem to be more written about it now that there are so few soldiers left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Hmmm. I'm still looking forward to returning to Castle Wolfenstein.
    Are you saying that WOLFENSTIEN is coming out on 360?:cool:

• Advertisement

micmclo wrote:
    Agree that a WWI game would be great.
    I'm amazed it hasn't be done before-huge gap there for some smart game developer
    I am not so sure that would be a good idea, more people would die from rats/fever/disobeying orders/food posioning/climbing out of trenches/gassing/firing squads, than getting shot by enemy gunfire. I also doubt there would be a great choice of wepons and equipment.:D

Just wondering do the germans play MoH or CoD and can they win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

for everyone slagging moh here, have you actually played airborne?
    If you had youd see its a completely new take on the ww2 fps, and is alot better than any of the cod games to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

played it a bit its ok

cod 4 better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Airborne was all right but the kind of innovation they do in it (land where you like) should really have been done 3 or 4 years ago as its more of a tweak than OMG YOU CAN PARACHUTE!!!! :eek: and once you land its same old guff again. Wolfenstein at least had the occult edge and the Germans really sounded paniced - "Snell! SNELL!!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I hadn't played MOH games before - but I played this demo and gotta say I was underwhelmed. The "new take" on WWII shooters is in reality a pretty gimmick that lasts for 10 seconds at the start of a level, and if you land outside the two or three green zones on the map you'll more often than not last only a further 10 seconds.

Plus either the weapons were seriously underpowered or they've got some major hitbox detection issues which need to be address in a patch asap. I was unloading full clips into Nazis at point blank range with next to no effect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

WWII is over, the game developers need to move on.

A WWI shooter would be very interesting and, if done right, very different to the shooters out today (trenches, mustard gas, antiquated weapons). It would be a challenege for the developers though, as mentioned above. Also COD4 looks like it will do the job.

The FPS genre is a little crowded anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Yes they did

Gosh did they?And all this time I thought after the Chinese intervention, near defeat and years of stalemate followed by an armistice they didnt win only a barely credible way out.Must have been another Korean War then;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LIGHTNING wrote:
    Korea was a completely different conflict mate! To my knowledge their hasn't been a FPS set in Korea but I could be wrong. Or maybe a decent WW1 FPS, charging over the trenches with revolvers!

There was a few obviiously i cant remember the names but thats more to do with them not being very good.

MOHA is alright wouldnt pay 70 for it for about 6 horus worth of gaming.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 starfiend

ShaunC wrote:
    Are you saying that WOLFENSTIEN is coming out on 360?:cool:

You know they are making a movie ? i like medal of honor airborne but to be honest like rising sun was well to short and the online factor is still a bit scetchy since it's only new. i became addicted to call of duty 3 online and can't wait for 4, looks mental. What vehicles can you use online does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i really like the game - i payed 20e for it. i traded in the darkness.
    i got it to fill in the time for cod4...

i finished it last night- i have to say im well impressed.

im starting to play online now. if anyone wants to add me my tag is:

Dublin 2pac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Gosh did they?And all this time I thought after the Chinese intervention, near defeat and years of stalemate followed by an armistice they didnt win only a barely credible way out.Must have been another Korean War then;)

Their original intention was to stabilize the 38th parallel, restoring the border there, which they achieved. You're going to have to try a bit harder than that, unless of course it really was a different war you were thinking of ;)

Advertisement