Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tuesday at lukes??

• 28-08-2007 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

Cool Hand Lukes:..........€70+5 DC.........25 mins........€20 scalp..........4000/4000...............8.30pm

is that max spend 75 (i.e 50+20+5) or is it 70+5+20, i.e. 95. ?

anyone playing? expected numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ditpoker wrote:
    is that max spend 75 (i.e 50+20+5) or is it 70+5+20, i.e. 95. ?

anyone playing? expected numbers.

Max spend €75. I unfortunately can't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

i'll be giving it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

25 odd runners last week, one of the best structures Ive ever played, I should be playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stretchticles

Roughly, what time would this tourney finish up at?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

prop bet.. €5 to the first person to make oscar say a negative thing about lukes, and he has to mean it!! :p

rough finishing time?

(oscar, we lost 3-1 yesterday)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Roughly, what time would this tourney finish up at?

cheers

realistcly id say 3.30 latest with a 30-40 + feild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stretchticles

cheers Mick, Nice1

ditpoker wrote:
    prop bet.. €5 to the first person to make oscar say a negative thing about lukes, and he has to mean it!! :p

rough finishing time?

(oscar, we lost 3-1 yesterday)

My signature is very much taking the piss.

Depends on turnout but its 4k and 4k starting stack with 25 minute blinds, you should be finished by 10 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

bohsman wrote:
    My signature is very much taking the piss.

Depends on turnout but its 4k and 4k starting stack with 25 minute blinds, you should be finished by 10 30.

lol. and qft.

He was huge chipleader when I left, not even Jeff could lose it from here.

• Advertisement

the fish that i am took it down! at 3.30 thank you very much, 10.30, pfft, think oscar was seen leaving at about 10.45...

pretty sick way of winning it, heads up i have 135k to his 85k. we discuss me taking 600 and him taking 450 instead of 700 and 350. we decide to play it out and first hand of heads up i raise it up with KK, he pushes and i call... i show KK and he shows a9. as the dealer goes to deal the flop, i stop her and say... "last chance, 600-450???" he decides not to chase his ace and i take the 600... but sure we'll see a flop for the fun of it... board comes...
    KJQ... we all have a good laugh at my expense, until the ten hits the river!!! wooo! free money! ship it! LOL! :p

also, great game and structure. my only worry is if this starts to get runners you'll be looking at a 6am finish.

buy in: -75
    roulette: -5
    scalps: +140
    poker: +600
    jelly and ice cream for €1.50: PRICELESS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Cuban Son

Well played Jeff. Man you were a card rack on the first table. Although there were some very sick cards being played. I couldn't find a hand before the break, and the only one I found after it was the one I went out on after UTG limps (blinds 100/200), Short Stack goes All In for 275, 2 callers, I ship it with AQ for 4,700(est), UTG calls off 3/4s of his stack with 88 and it holds up, of course. :eek:
    lol gambooolments!

Its probably the best value tournament in town. 25min clock going to 30mins, total of 8k starting stack and €20 for each scalp taken. Anyone know of better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

bohsman wrote:
    25 odd runners last week, one of the best structures Ive ever played, I should be playing.

You says this cause you won or cause you work there? :D

Cuban Son wrote:
    Its probably the best value tournament in town. 25min clock going to 30mins, total of 8k starting stack and €20 for each scalp taken. Anyone know of better?

God damn lukes games sounds savage! Can't wait to get back to play them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Cuban Son wrote:

I agree. Played it last nite after fleeing the S.E satellite after fat Tony drew out on my KK chasing. So sick with horror i didnt even rebuy so hot tailed it over to this and enjoyed it too. For this tournament E20 is a bit much for a scalp IMO. I would prefer to see 10 euro scalps and the other 10 in the prizepool but whatever.

GG and well done Jeff

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Whats the most popular numbers wise in Luke's so far...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I agree. Played it last nite after fleeing the S.E satellite after butterbean drew out on my KK chasing. So sick with horror i didnt even rebuy so hot tailed it over to this and enjoyed it too. For this tournament E20 is a bit much for a scalp IMO. I would prefer to see 10 euro scalps and the other 10 in the prizepool but whatever.

GG and well done Jeff

fyp

Dub13 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure Paul but I'd say it's the Thursday night deepstack. Great game for €110.

Thats Olly,I have to get my arse into gear and head in over the next week.

Really enjoyed this, despite playing some pretty bad poker early on. Fantastic structure, will be great if it starts getting 5-6 tables. Made some weird(stupid) calls early that worked out, to keep me healthy. Was pretty much card dead for the night which didn't help. Went out 11th(or 10th) when i flopped middle pair and my shove was called by AK which hit a king on the turn. Pretty pissed off because i'd clawed my way back from being pretty short mostly by shoving over ditpoker's pfrs.
    Was a bit tilty and went to the fitz for a cash game, which turn out surprisingly well.

Dub13 wrote:

Opening nite

• Advertisement

Opening nite

Free drink will always pull the punters in.....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It really is a pity the scalp is €20, as it is too much. Otherwise it looks like the best bet for a tournie on a Tuesday, but that detail does put me off a bit. As for this Thursday in there, I'll be interested to see what the numbers will be like due to the end of month game 'round the corner'. I know Lukes has a better structure, but old habits die hard etc, as well as a bigger prize pool. I don't think i'll play either by the way, but I have been known to change my mind.

5starpool wrote:
    It really is a pity the scalp is €20, as it is too much. Otherwise it looks like the best bet for a tournie on a Tuesday, but that detail does put me off a bit. As for this Thursday in there, I'll be interested to see what the numbers will be like due to the end of month game 'round the corner'. I know Lukes has a better structure, but old habits die hard etc, as well as a bigger prize pool. I don't think i'll play either by the way, but I have been known to change my mind.

I actually like the fact that the €110 game will have only 30 to 40 runners. It means you're guaranteed a good structured game and to be finished around 3.30am at the latest. Plus it's a little easier on the pocket. And it will still be €1.2k+ for the winner.

I echo the comments on the €20 scalp in the Tuesday game but as I can't play tournies on a Tuesday night for the next 3 months I really don't mind as I'm hopeful it'll have gone to a €10 scalp by then! :p

I liked the 20 scalp - it'll be great if the tourney starts to get a larger field, knock out 4 players and you're freerolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

I liked the 20 scalp - it'll be great if the tourney starts to get a larger field, knock out 4 players and you're freerolling.
    Plus if the numbers were larger I think it will encourage action so that you'll at least get an early enough FT start time. A scalp that is 10% or less of the buy in is pointless.

ollyk1 wrote:
    I actually like the fact that the €110 game will have only 30 to 40 runners. It means you're guaranteed a good structured game and to be finished around 3.30am at the latest. Plus it's a little easier on the pocket. And it will still be €1.2k+ for the winner.
    30-40 is ideal as you say considering the structure, but I am just wondering if it will reduce it to 20 or so for this week.

5starpool wrote:
    It really is a pity the scalp is €20, as it is too much.

I spoke with some of the players about this and they generally seem in favour of the scalp being 20. One player summed up the sentiments of the rest "Ah well ya know like you might not win but if you get a few scalps ya know what i mean?".

Probably a lot of the people that advocate taking money off the top to pay everyone at the final table. A scalp chip should not really enter into calculations when deciding whether to risk all or a large portion of your chips on a call, but it can when they are worth ~44% of your starting stack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Tuesday night 50 + 20 DC = 8k total stack

Thursday night 100 freezeout "deepstack" = 7.5k stack

????????

• Advertisement

????????

Good point but Thursday does have 30 minute blinds all the way.

In fairness anything that can be played in 6-10 hours in one nights isn't a deep stack game but sure who really cares what they call it as long as its a decent loldonkament.

Really enjoyed this, despite playing some pretty bad poker early on. Fantastic structure, will be great if it starts getting 5-6 tables. Made some weird(stupid) calls early that worked out, to keep me healthy. Was pretty much card dead for the night which didn't help. Went out 11th(or 10th) when i flopped middle pair and my shove was called by AK which hit a king on the turn. Pretty pissed off because i'd clawed my way back from being pretty short mostly by shoving over ditpoker's pfrs.
    Was a bit tilty and went to the fitz for a cash game, which turn out surprisingly well.

:( i had QJs, T9s, and J8s!! couldn't really call any of them. and unlucky with the K hitting, i got his scalp later though when his pocket pair was no match for MY ak!! woo! nice to put a face to a name!

????????

the thursday game has a 30min clock, the tuesday game has a 25min clock.

re the scalps, i think if this was 60+10+5 it'd be as successful, but the 20 scalp did generate alot of action, and then there was a lot of situations where a shortstack pushes for 2 big blinds and everyone at the table has to call cos its 20 quid up for grabs, but i dont think the same could be said for a tenner.

ditpoker wrote:
    re the scalps, i think if this was 60+10+5 it'd be as successful, but the 20 scalp did generate alot of action, and then there was a lot of situations where a shortstack pushes for 2 big blinds and everyone at the table has to call cos its 20 quid up for grabs, but i dont think the same could be said for a tenner.
    That is a lot of dead money for the last to call preflop to resist stealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

whats the point in having a scalps tourney when the scalp does not come into play at all in the tourney..?

the idea behind the 20 scalp is to bring it into the game!

thats part of the different dynamic of a scalp game, if you dont want the scalp to influence play then why not play a straight freeze out with no scalp. if the scalp is there it should make a significant difference to the game play.

what mick said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Just read this, good man jeff, wp

cheers gary! i put it down to my early roland de wolfe style decision, early raise and a call, i have 95 in the big blind and call. so pot is say 800, i have 7k, early raise has 3500 and other guy has 2800. flop jt8, i bet out 3500, both call, with AJ and KT, river is a queen... ship it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

ditpoker wrote:
    cheers gary! i put it down to my early roland de wolfe style decision, early raise and a call, i have 95 in the big blind and call. so pot is say 800, i have 7k, early raise has 3500 and other guy has 2800. flop jt8, i bet out 3500, both call, with AJ and KT, river is a queen... ship it! :p

ehhhhhh

ignoring the above wp jeff! nice for ya to get a result! oh and never mind that split milarky - you were strong favourite, it shouldnt be result dependant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Cuban Son

ditpoker wrote:

You'll be forgiven for the memory loss(most poker players have it:D ), the hands were KJ, AT and you had the big lick, 69.

Board was JT8 turn was J and river Q.;) . nh, wp, gg.....

lol... something like that! aggression for the win!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement