Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH gone to the dogs

Options
  • 28-08-2007 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

About a year ago i liked AH , some rubbish , but some good stuff posted , as well as a few laughs - now its all gone "Dirty Sanchez" -- toilet humour -- farting and **** innuendo -- the originality is gone -- along with an increase of trolling, all heavily policed by over zealous mods -- just my thoughts
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Swings and roundabouts tbh, yeah ts pretty crap at the moment but i see nothing wrong with the modding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

So have nights with....

YORE MA!
    I'm proud of myself for that. It was my first After Hours Yore Ma! moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

well i've not been here long enough to comment really.

But i have a questiion. do a certain amount of the threads get deleted when they get to a certain point?? i thought the AH forum would be an awful lot bigger. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

its not AH thats gone to the dogs, its the posters lives who have become more boring, thus less intersting threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If there was a problem with some of the posts, you should have reported them. Otherwise don't look at the forum. It used to be alot worse, when I joined anyway. The mods do a grand job, coming from someone who moderated this forum in the past and knows how difficult it can be at times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Niamho! wrote:
    well i've not been here long enough to comment really.

But i have a questiion. do a certain amount of the threads get deleted when they get to a certain point?? i thought the AH forum would be an awful lot bigger. :confused:

Nope people just get bored of the topic and move on. I can't see what's wrong with the modding.

i expected there to be way more pages of threads in tha AH forum. how long is Boreds goin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Ruu wrote:
    If there was a problem with some of the posts, you should have reported them. Otherwise don't look at the forum. It used to be alot worse, when I joined anyway.

i don't like reporting stuff, i think it was more anarchaic a year ago and better run , and also more fun , that was the appeal -- maybe its a double edged thing more trolling , needs more policing -- but certainly more originality is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

thebaz wrote:
    ...an increase of trolling, all heavily policed by over zealous mods...

Isn't this a contradiction? If the mods were over-zealous, at least there would be no trolls. I don't see much of a change in AH in the 2 years or so I've been here, tbh.
    Niamho! wrote:
    But i have a questiion. do a certain amount of the threads get deleted when they get to a certain point?? i thought the AH forum would be an awful lot bigger.

Look at the bottom of the AH page, in the "Display Options" box. Maybe yours is set to only show threads from the last 10 days or so. Select a longer time and click "Show Threads".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol u know theres multiple pages of threads on AH? look down the bottom right! also, u can set it to only show posts from the last month, which i think is the default!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

He's right you know.. afterhours used to be alot better.

Bring back Monty + some of the old users.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ahhh I thought someone was going to organize a trip to the dog track :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Niamho! wrote:
    i expected there to be way more pages of threads in tha AH forum. how long is Boreds goin?

Ah I see what you mean.

At the bottom of the page there is a section called 'display options' and a drop down called 'from the'. This is set to ten on mine and probably the same on yours. Change this to see thread older than 10 days. If you change it to the beginning it will show all the threads in AH. I think there's about 2,000 pages or so, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Bah, ye bet me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Niamho! wrote:

Women are idiots!

Yes, i'm painting you all with this brush!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

booo hoo hooo this place used to be *amazing*, now it's so *sh1t*, I remember, I remember, etc

I've never been in any job/school/club/new neighbourhood as a child/internet forum where there aren't a bunch of romantics harping on about how *amazing* it used to be years before.

It's tiresome, if you don't like it anymore, don't stick around. ;)

Edit: or try and add something you feel is entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

shh

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Niamho! wrote:
    Heh, when you're looking at after hours, look on the bottom left of the screen for the display options. It's probably only showing threads from the last month. There are around 60,000 threads in AH alone (rough guess).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Niamho! wrote:

Check the Statistics under boards.ie->Top Statistics->Forum:Most Posts and check that, it will give you an idea (those stats are broke at the minute I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Maybe it should be divided in two forums -? A> people who want to talk about w*nking and B> people who can come up with something original. (apart from w*nking, excuse the language!)

why was this moved ??

can the prople who use AH not comment -- more over zealous modding

• Advertisement

:confused:

....forget it. ill stop distracting ya. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Funny, I was thinking about starting a similar thread. Yep, I agree the amusement provided by AH has declined a lot in recent years. I still find "yore ma" funny but the amount of ****/poo threads, quasi-rascist threads and just general gobshítery is disappointing. There are still a few gems here occasionally but I usually go elsewhere for idle amusement nowadays. Feedback is often fairly hilarious. i don't think its the fault of the mods or any individual posters, its mainly the tone of ignorance around the place I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from the kennel.

6th hit the nail on the head.
    If someone starts a thread about ****, then there will be the inevitable follow up threads relating to ****.
    Sometimes all it takes is a post in one thread to inspire someone to start a new thread slightly relating to that topic.
    Then that fad dies out and a new one begins.

Maybe if people tried to contribute instead of complaining, it might suit you better.

Niamho, AH is set to display threads from the last 10 days.
    It's actually really big.

Terry wrote:
    Moved from the kennel.

6th hit the nail on the head.
    If someone starts a thread about ****, then there will be the inevitable follow up threads relating to ****.
    Sometimes all it takes is a post in one thread to inspire someone to start a new thread slightly relating to that topic.
    Then that fad dies out and a new one begins.

Maybe if people tried to contribute instead of complaining, it might suit you better.

was it moved cause i complained ?

thebaz wrote:
    why was this moved ??

can the prople who use AH not comment -- more over zealous modding
    The people who post in AH are quite capable of posting in feedback too.
    Despite what some people think.

thebaz wrote:
    was it moved cause i complained ?
    It was moved because it is more suited to feedback.
    Bitching about AH in AH will get you nowhere.

Terry wrote:
    The people who post in AH are quite capable of posting in feedback too.
    Despite what some people think.

i give up

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Here's a suggestion:

Instead of bitching and whining, why don't you make a suggestion as to how things could be improved or piss off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

thebaz wrote:
    i give up

He's right though. Your thread will get a (slightly) better response here than it would have in AH.

Albeit with a few cat pictures thrown in.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    Here's a suggestion:

or piss off?

great example of good modding -- if i respond , i get banned -- if someone said that to me in person ......

Advertisement