Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH gone to the dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ive losts of cat photos i should really scan them in

wow 04? thats weird it seems like so much longer can that be right jan 04? i have to go check the tv listings because i remember when i joined i went to the star trek form and posted there first so i have to find my first topic because id swear ive been here longer than that...

Anyway has AH changed? Yes there used to be allot more random and funny news stories for one thing, recently the polls and topics have changed and then again you still see the same topics pop up again and again over time and your ma was not as common in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

seamus wrote:
    It's really easy to be a tough man when you're online, isn't it? You've pretty much just shown yourself up as an idiot.
    I did indeed use the words, "Piss off". As said, this was a suggestion, not a threat.

sorry -- your the one acting the aggressor -- using provoking insults --if i call you an idiot , i'd get banned -- the equality of boards -- if a stranger on the streets called me an idiot , i'd react

i'm not going to get into trading insults , it read like you were telling me to piss off, and i fealt this typified an over zealous mod -- so lets just drop it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

thebaz wrote:
    sorry -- your the one acting the aggressor -- using provoking insults --if i call you an idiot , i'd get banned -- the equality of boards -- if a stranger on the streets called me an idiot , i'd react

i'm not going to get into trading insults , it read like you were telling me to piss off, and i fealt this typified an over zealous mod -- so lets just drop it

I don't think it likely that you'd be banned. Seamus would simply ask you why you think he's an idiot or most likely ignore you. While I'd be of the opinion that it perhaps wasn't the best choice of words from Seamus, you should know at this stage that he is one of the easiest going mods about the place and not like Terry or Karoma (you know what way I mean that, and I don't mean anything bad by it).

You've had your post detailing why you think AH is gone to the dogs, most folk don't agree with you and coming out of your corner fighting isn't going to help you or your point. Sit back for a bit, read what other's have to say in this thread and then post some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what exactly are you complaining about?

the posts of users in the forum?

mods cant change what people post.

perhaps you could start by making what you post interesting. i dont think ive ever seen a vaguely interesting post by you. ever.

and just for the record, there have been a lot of changes on the AH forum brought about by feedback from users. the forum runs fine.
    if you want to make changes, then make suggestions. dont just whinge and then argue with seamus becuase you have **** all else to say.

and i agree with him. if you cant add anything, and you dont like it, then dont bother going there.

and just for the record, monty isnt around anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

lookit. I think we can all agree on the following:
    • AH is crap
    • AH always WAS crap
    • No-one knows exactly what it is that makes it crap
    • I'm not going to suggest how to make it less crap - that's the mods jobs
    • Even tho the threads are started by users, the OVERALL tone is the fault of the mods
    • Mods mod too much, they should let more threads run longer
    • Crappy threads should be closed earlier
    • Mods have to decide what a crappy thread is, with the caveat that most mods should know exactly what most posters think most of the time
    • it's easier to start a thread moaning about AH than it is to think up a few topics that might provoke interesting discussion in AH
    • I will never stop fighting the powah

So we're all clear? Karoma, Terry, Tar and everyone - get it sorted. I'm not sure what sorted means in this context, that's your problem.

What did they put in a toilet next? I need closure on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

tbh wrote:
    • I'm not going to suggest how to make it less crap - that's the mods jobs
    • Mods mod too much, they should let more threads run longer
    • Crappy threads should be closed earlier
    *giggle*

anyway..

I really don't see any problem with ah.. its a general place for ****, **** goes there.. thats pretty much it..

as for it being moved.. Feedback is for feedback.. so.. eh..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

thebaz wrote:
    if i call you an idiot , i'd get banned
    By whom? You seem to think there's some invisible inequality here. Feel free to call me an idiot. I've no problem with it, provided that you have some good reason to say it and you're not just trying to trade insults for the sake of it.

If you're going to get banned from Feedback for calling me an idiot, then you can be damn sure I'll get banned from Feedback too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

thebaz wrote:
    no , you used the words "piss off " , if someone told me to "piss off" in person , they mightn't like my reaction -- so maybe be a little more carefull with your choice of word
    If someone said to me in person 'Hey, AH is crap and you're over zealous', I'd be all like "Hey, fúck you, asshole." Then I'd take out my samurai sword and go medieval on their ass and then proceed to take out everyone within sight. Then I'd go and ban everyone from AH and show them how over zealous I can be. And then I'd jack off and fall on my sword just as I climaxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you're all laughing cause you think he's messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

seamus wrote:
    By whom? You seem to think there's some invisible inequality here. Feel free to call me an idiot. I've no problem with it, provided that you have some good reason to say it and you're not just trying to trade insults for the sake of it.

If you're going to get banned from Feedback for calling me an idiot, then you can be damn sure I'll get banned from Feedback too.

Moron. There, I said it.

I thought the passed out girl on the dart thread was pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

krazy_8s wrote:
    Moron. There, I said it.

Who were you calling the moron?
    krazy_8s wrote:
    I thought the passed out girl on the dart thread was pretty good.

Yeah I loved that. :)

Who were you calling the moron?

Not sure, Seamus could kick my ass and thebaz might threaten it. Best to go with that Monkeyfudge chap. Hes a bit odd anyway.

Yeah I loved that. :)

6 pages of "Was she hot?" and "did the curtains match the drawers?". Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

krazy_8s wrote:
    Not sure, Seamus could kick my ass and thebaz might threaten it. Best to go with that Monkeyfudge chap. Hes a bit odd anyway.
    Careful now... I have a pet monkey and it's not afraid to bite!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

krazy_8s wrote:
    6 pages of "Was she hot?" and "did the curtains match the drawers?". Classic.

Also, 'Did you get any pictures?'. Brilliant stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Personally, I blame Karoma. Karoma is the reason behind it all. If he wasn't trying to be a hard ass and look big on the internets it would be a better place. It needs mods that are like nesf if you ask me, which you did.

There, I said what everyone is thinking. Karoma, get laid or something. :)

I hear that tar_alderion is single and pretty hot. Might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tbh wrote:
    lookit. I think we can all agree on the following:
    • AH is crap
    • AH always WAS crap
    • No-one knows exactly what it is that makes it crap
    Ah, to be honest (no pun intended), there are sections from everything from military to lesbians, to drinking. After Hours is for general sh|te.

Karoma, ban pid().

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

the_syco + tbh qft ftw.

If you think AH sucks then it means your mature enough to learn about other forums on boards.ie that cater for more refined tastes.

krazy_8s wrote:
    I hear that tar_alderion is single and pretty hot. Might be worth a shot.

A cum shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

A cum shot?

The money shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hobbes wrote:
    the_syco + tbh qft ftw.

If you think AH sucks then it means your mature enough to learn about other forums on boards.ie that cater for more refined tastes.
    The funny thing is: the sh|te from other forums land in AH, the shTe from AH lands in the Thunderdrome, and the the sh|te in Thunderdrome just gets locked, or left alone for a month or so and then sent to the trashcan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ok i have not read this whole topic so worry if some has said this...

Those of you that have been on boards and the internet for a long time can agree with me that its not just boards, the entrie net has changed for the worse over the years, i know speeds are faster but people where nicer and more friendly bacxk in the day, i still remember playing Red Alert 1 over a 33k modem the week it came out (i was "sick" that week)

Its not AH its a symptom of the whole internet, its become far too.... imature

what exactly are you complaining about?

the posts of users in the forum?

mods cant change what people post.

perhaps you could start by making what you post interesting. i dont think ive ever seen a vaguely interesting post by you. ever.

nothing like a super mod , insulting mere "users" , does it make you feal a big man -- i said i wanted to drop the insults with Seamus , and then you have to come in and flame it up with more insults -- i could retort about your football posts , but i couldn't be bothered

all it does is confirm what i thought you are an arrogant bully

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's probably the best piece of satire I've read in a long time User45701 :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

krazy_8s wrote:
    I hear that tar_alderion is single and pretty hot.
    Single: no. Hot: yes.

If you like that sort of thing.

oscarBravo wrote:

If you like that sort of thing.

Down with that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Down with that sort of thing.

Careful now !

Getting coat

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hmmm... people complain when we try to raise the bar and cut the worst excesses, crying loudly of mod power abuse.

Then, almost precisely the same people complain that the people, when set free, are actually ...dicks.

You know, I'd settle for pleasing any of the people any of the time...

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    hmmm... people complain when we try to raise the bar and cut the worst excesses, crying loudly of mod power abuse.

Then, almost precisely the same people complain that the people, when set free, are actually ...dicks.

DeV.

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

somewhere in one of the threads , i did say i wasn't having a whack at ALL mods , and said that there are some good mods (too few ;) ) around , i realise , its probably a thankless unpaid necessaity -- probably best if i avoid AH for awhile --- if i'm let back

Advertisement