Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH gone to the dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Are you banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thebaz wrote:
    somewhere in one of the threads , i did say i wasn't having a whack at ALL mods , and said that there are some good mods (too few ;) ) around , i realise , its probably a thankless unpaid necessaity -- probably best if i avoid AH for awhile --- if i'm let back

its a shame you wont answer any questions though, preferring to deflect the answering of any real questions with your rantings about mod bullying and insults.

i think you should avoid AH from now on. you dont add anything to it, and you dont like the place.

as for your complaints that the place has gone to the dogs, well, its people like you as far as im concerned that give it that reputation.

as for being an arrogant bully, this is a feedback forum, and im giving you feedback. you make stupid arguments, wont back them up and then refuse to even discuss it. as far as im concerned, youre pretty much getting out of this thread what you put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

its a shame you wont answer any questions though, preferring to deflect the answering of any real questions with your rantings about mod bullying and insults.

i think you should avoid AH from now on. you dont add anything to it, and you dont like the place.

as for your complaints that the place has gone to the dogs, well, its people like you as far as im concerned that give it that reputation.

as for being an arrogant bully, this is a feedback forum, and im giving you feedback. you make stupid arguments, wont back them up and then refuse to even discuss it. as far as im concerned, youre pretty much getting out of this thread what you put into it.

i said "you" are the bully, and thats based on past posts to other users, and your arrogant attitude to others , who are probably too frightened or whatever to stand up to you -- if you read my thread , i said that there were good mods , and that modding could be difficult -- funny no one defended you when i called you an arrogant bully, maybe the truth hurts -- now goodbye -- before i really say what i think of you

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

thebaz wrote:
    no one defended you when i called you an arrogant bully
    No-one would dare. WWM is more than capable of defending himself. :)
    before i really say what i think of you
    As I've said, work away. This is Feedback, so give your feedback. I'm sure you can express your feelings towards WWM in a way that doesn't make you just look angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

There's nothing wrong with AH, some threads are good some are bad.

All in all, just don't bother reading things that you deem stupid.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    As I've said, work away. This is Feedback, so give your feedback. I'm sure you can express your feelings towards WWM in a way that doesn't make you just look angry.

i kind of want to keep my account open , i realise him or your good self , could get me banned quite easily -- i'm a mere user -- who still wants to use boards -- and not goaded into a total banning

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

layke wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with AH, some threads are good some are bad.

All in all, just don't bother reading things that you deem stupid.
    I found that some of the stupider ones where actually really funny threads. The **** ones, I couldn't be arsed reading, but it was a slow day so I went in to it and it was class.

i kind of want to keep my account open , i realise him or your good self , could get me banned quite easily -- i'm a mere user -- who still wants to use boards -- and not goaded into a total banning
    I'm not goading you into anything.

I won't ban you from here. WWM can't ban you from here. The only people who take action on this forum are administrators. I'm not one, and WWM is not one.

I certainly won't ban you from the site for providing feedback. If I was going to do that, people would quite rightly be calling for my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

thebaz wrote:

Surely after a year and a half on boards you should relise how hard it is to get site-banned.

To get site banned you have to

-be a spammer/shill/advertiser
    -be the worlds biggest d*ckhead in every single post to every single user you come across
    -insult one of the 4 admins, Cloud, Ecsor, Regi and Devore(I like him the best!)
    -Try to sexually entice either Tar_alderan(who is apparently quite hot), or Seamus(if you swing that way).

I'm working on the latter.

krazy_8s wrote:
    Surely after a year and a half on boards you should relise how hard it is to get site-banned.

To get site banned you have to

-be a spammer/shill/advertiser
    -be the worlds biggest d*ckhead in every single post to every single user you come across
    -insult one of the 4 admins, Cloud, Ecsor, Regi and Devore(I like him the best!)
    -Try to sexually entice either Tar_alderan(who is apparently quite hot), or Seamus(if you swing that way).

-Forget to mention the fifth Admin. Vexorg. :)
    thebaz wrote:
    no one defended you when i called you an arrogant bully
    seamus wrote:
    Quite true.
    I'll give it go though.
    I find his posts are quite often mistaken for bullying, when they are in fact extremely biting satire, which, I personally, find really amusing.

• Advertisement

Ken, I've already told you that I'm not for sale. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Terry wrote:
    If someone said to me in person 'Hey, AH is crap and you're over zealous', I'd be all like "Hey, fúck you, asshole." Then I'd take out my samurai sword and go medieval on their ass and then proceed to take out everyone within sight. Then I'd go and ban everyone from AH and show them how over zealous I can be. And then I'd jack off and fall on my sword just as I climaxed.

Quality:D

Just to stay on topic,

AH Meh!

seamus wrote:
    Ken, I've already told you that I'm not for sale. :mad:

I've given up on you, I plan to stalk that Tar chick.

Terry wrote:
    -Forget to mention the fifth Admin. Vexorg.

Is he the one who shoots puppys?

thebaz wrote:
    i said "you" are the bully, and thats based on past posts to other users, and your arrogant attitude to others , who are probably too frightened or whatever to stand up to you -- if you read my thread , i said that there were good mods , and that modding could be difficult -- funny no one defended you when i called you an arrogant bully, maybe the truth hurts -- now goodbye -- before i really say what i think of you

2 things.

i have never banned anyone who has personally abised me. i believe its their right to say whatever they want to me. after all, i tell people what i think of them. fair is fair. so im not really worried about what you say about me, and i am certainly not going to ' get' you banned. and yes i am arrogant, and the truth is far from painful.

secondly, i see you are not even discussing AH anymore. you appear to be more interested in just having a row.
    and you still appear to be unable to get beyond yourinitial complaints that 'you think' AH sucks.

no if you want to have an actual discussion on what you percieve as problems on the AH forum, youre talking to the one person who can actually make it happen.
    so, if you want to make your points, thn go for it. if you want to keep pissing and moaning, then stop wasting everyones time. empty vassels and all that....

Could the "yer ma" discussions be stopped. Not the comments, thats going to keep happening for a while till the fad runs out. But more the conversations that go on in the middle of threads, normally posters having a slagging match. It's annoying having to read through them to get to the sterotype humour and fart jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Eh, am I wrong in saying that isn't Tar_alderan a guy? I don't want to know some of the fantasy thoughts some of you have been having when replying to him.

There have been some............odd threads on AH, especially with the whole poo / **** / fainting girl on Dart ones but in fairness, I think the majority of those ones turned out to be the funniest in ages. Beats the usual ranting.

Duggy747 wrote:
    Eh, am I wrong in saying that isn't Tar_alderan a guy? I don't want to know some of the fantasy thoughts some of you have been having when replying to him.

I don't think Tar_alderan appreciates you spreading rumours about her being a man. A lot of women can get very upset over something like that.

krazy_8s wrote:
    Could the "yer ma" discussions be stopped. Not the comments, thats going to keep happening for a while till the fad runs out. But more the conversations that go on in the middle of threads, normally posters having a slagging match. It's annoying having to read through them to get to the sterotype humour and fart jokes.
    I've thrown in a little warning in one of the threads.
    If it continues, I'll issue a second one.
    Then the banning begins.

2 things.

i have never banned anyone who has personally abised me. i believe its their right to say whatever they want to me. after all, i tell people what i think of them. fair is fair. so im not really worried about what you say about me, and i am certainly not going to ' get' you banned. and yes i am arrogant, and the truth is far from painful.

secondly, i see you are not even discussing AH anymore. you appear to be more interested in just having a row.
    and you still appear to be unable to get beyond yourinitial complaints that 'you think' AH sucks.

no if you want to have an actual discussion on what you percieve as problems on the AH forum, youre talking to the one person who can actually make it happen.
    so, if you want to make your points, thn go for it. if you want to keep pissing and moaning, then stop wasting everyones time. empty vassels and all that....

i wasn't going to respond , but i'll do so unaggressivly --

my initial post was just a comment , that hasn't gone down too well with the powers that be -- i did enjoy many of the threads in AH , and to be honest rarely use it now -- i find many of the topics now boring/immature - thats the content , and not the mods fault -- i think the idea of After Hours is good , one gripe i have is the fact that many half decent posts are moved on (for instance Dublin related issues) -- the reality is that probably half the population of Ireland live in the Dublin "metropolis" , so there will be many more Dublin related issues , that in my mind too easily get moved on -- but then who am but just a "boring" moaner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

thebaz wrote:
    i wasn't going to respond , but i'll do so unaggressivly --

my initial post was just a comment , that hasn't gone down too well with the powers that be -- i did enjoy many of the threads in AH , and to be honest rarely use it now -- i find many of the topics now boring/immature - thats the content , and not the mods fault -- i think the idea of After Hours is good , one gripe i have is the fact that many half decent posts are moved on (for instance Dublin related issues) -- the reality is that probably half the population of Ireland live in the Dublin "metropolis" , so there will be many more Dublin related issues , that in my mind too easily get moved on -- but then who am but just a "boring" moaner

the problem here is that your download to upload ratio is negative. The only way to inspire entertaining threads on AH is to create them yourself. Otherwise you're just whinging that you don't like what everyone else is talking about.

• Advertisement

so, youre actually saying that the problem is not with the forum, but your own personal gripes?

thebaz wrote:
    the reality is that probably half the population of Ireland live in the Dublin "metropolis" , so there will be many more Dublin related issues , that in my mind too easily get moved on
    Hey, I agree with you. But I'm laughing. I can't tell you why, and I'm definitely not laughing at you, but the AH mods know what I'm laughing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I think this is the first boards in-joke that I'm actually in on! at least I think I am.

If you think but don't know, then you might just think you know what you don't think you know about.

What were we talking about?

Oh yea, the_bazz has so far.

Complained about AH but offered no actual solutions.
    Taken offense to some light hearted comments and constructive critisim of his own posts.
    Ignored the topic and wasted time on trying to rebutt these comments
    Did a entire flip flop and just admitted he doesn't even post in AH any more.

God I love feedback.

tbh wrote:
    I think this is the first boards in-joke that I'm actually in on! at least I think I am.
    Oh, it's definitely the one you are thinking of. First time I've been in on one myself.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.
    How can you not love this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055142952

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

krazy_8s wrote:
    I don't think Tar_alderan appreciates you spreading rumours about her being a man. A lot of women can get very upset over something like that.
    I must be going mad, then!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53559156&postcount=737

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Duggy747 wrote:

I don't see you're point, with hair like that she must be a chick.

Duggy747 wrote:

There's something you need to learn about the internet.

Women are men
    Men are men
    Young boys are FBI agents
    Tar_alderon is female

You accept these facts and you will go far. Pictures like the ones above could be anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

thebaz wrote:
    imy initial post was just a comment , that hasn't gone down too well with the powers that be -- i did enjoy many of the threads in AH , and to be honest rarely use it now -- i find many of the topics now boring/immature - thats the content , and not the mods fault -- i think the idea of After Hours is good , one gripe i have is the fact that many half decent posts are moved on (for instance Dublin related issues) -- the reality is that probably half the population of Ireland live in the Dublin "metropolis" , so there will be many more Dublin related issues , that in my mind too easily get moved on -- but then who am but just a "boring" moaner
    So what exactly is preventing you from reading or posting a thread after it is moved to another forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

thebaz wrote:
    i did enjoy many of the threads in AH , and to be honest rarely use it now -- i find many of the topics now boring/immature
    That's because you are getting older. And that is a fact, I would give my life savings to anyone that can prove otherwise.

Advertisement