Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH gone to the dogs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

krazy_8s wrote:
    Could the "yer ma" discussions be stopped. Not the comments, thats going to keep happening for a while till the fad runs out.

The fad has been around for the last 9 years at this stage it is part of boards.ie
    as much as regi is so really get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

krazy_8s wrote:
    I hear that tar_alderion is single and pretty hot. Might be worth a shot.

Is tar_alderon male or female? Always wondered. Will blurt out the question next time they post in the poker forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭¬_¬

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Is tar_alderon male or female? Always wondered. Will blurt out the question next time they post in the poker forum.
    T-girl. Oh, here we go again... *sigh* Just SHE. OK? SHE. THERE. Happy now, TarA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Is tar_alderon male or female?

Depends on your preference ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Thaedydal wrote:
    The fad has been around for the last 9 years at this stage it is part of boards.ie
    Ah c'mon thaedydldydl surely you've noticed its usage has increased 17 fold over the last few weeks. Its out of control. Somebody needs to put the censor stars on the phrase. **** **. Much better.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I agree with P-P-P-Porky.

¬_&#172 wrote:
    T-girl. Oh, here we go again... *sigh* Just SHE. OK? SHE. THERE. Happy now, TarA?

sigh. I'm not very good at the interweb. Tar has a link to HIS myspace page in his profile. I'm not very quick, etc..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thaedydal wrote:

It might have been part of boards for the last 9 years(been around for 2) but its frequency has gone through the roof recently to the point of the first 7 or 8 posts on a thread being a "yer ma" comment, followed by full arguments.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    sigh. I'm not very good at the interweb. Tar has a link to HIS myspace page in his profile. I'm not very quick, etc..:(

All smoke screens. Not that hard for her to set up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    My boyfriend and I share this account, it is nearly always me(the girl) using it Though.
    I'm Tara, the name is a clue...
    His name is Paul.

Hi ¬_¬, I love you.

• Advertisement

My boyfriend and I share this account, it is nearly always me(the girl) using it Though.
    I'm Tara, the name is a clue...
    His name is Paul.

Hi ¬_¬, I love you.

well, incase I'm not getting levelled - which one of you plays cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    well, incase I'm not getting levelled - which one of you plays cards?

Paul, if you could call randomly throwing chips into a pot playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thebaz wrote:
    of course it was a personal gripe , should AH be above criticism ?? -- no need to be so defensive -- anyway i don't want to drag up our differences into another row -- so just let it lie

No, AH is not above critisism.

AH was critisised a grat deal 12 months ago, and i changed it all around according to what the users wanted.

so now, the forum is run how the users wanted.

so you come along, and complain bitterly that your life is complete anymore and when i challenge you on it, you whinge and whine, dont answer the question, and we eventually figure out that its really just you. its not the forum, its not the way its run. its actually the content which quite frankly, we have no control over.

and you also have no input for us. theres nothing for us to work with.

so the wonderful thing about criticism, is that theres feedback of a useful nature.

you did not criticise. you moaned. there is a big difference.

as for the differences between you and me, i have no idea what youre on about. its not a me v you thing. i simply want whats better the forum. you just want to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

you did not criticise. you moaned. there is a big difference.

as for the differences between you and me, i have no idea what youre on about. its not a me v you thing. i simply want whats better the forum. you just want to complain.

it must be great to know everything , and more importantly to be always right !!!! i said let it lie , but you can't --- others may be frightened of you, but i for sure ain't -- but maybe you've bullied me from using AH with your stereotypical arrogant attitude -- so ffs let it lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

thebaz wrote:
    it must be great to know everything , and more importantly to be always right !!!!

it's not as good as you'd think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

thebaz wrote:
    ... others may be frightened of you ...

Are you serious? Its the internet ... chill out pussycat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nesf wrote:
    Paul, if you could call randomly throwing chips into a pot playing...
    I thought it was Tara, and stop screwing with my screwing with the guy. ;)

6th wrote:
    Are you serious? Its the internet ... chill out pussycat.

i'm just sick of him having a go at me -- in fact i rarely see a positive post from WWM -- he keeps re-igniting things with his put downs -- so i was pissed off this morning -- i didn't start this thread to have go at him -- just that i probably find "feeback" more interesting these days to read than AH -- so as you say chill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

its what he does best, just leave him be

thebaz wrote:
    i'm just sick of him having a go at me -- in fact i rarely see a positive post from WWM -- he keeps re-igniting things with his put downs -- so i was pissed off this morning -- i didn't start this thread to have go at him -- just that i probably find "feeback" more interesting these days to read than AH -- so as you say chill

Just sleep with him, it worked for me. And might I add that he is a patient and considerate lover ... really took his time with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What's wrong with going to the dogs anyway? I went to the dogs last week and I won €35... sure I lost over €100... but that's besides the point.

6th wrote:
    Just sleep with him, it worked for me. And might I add that he is a patient and considerate lover ... really took his time with me.

Like Tar_alderon?

I've yet to sleep with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Pighead wrote:
    Ah c'mon thaedydldydl surely you've noticed its usage has increased 17 fold over the last few weeks.

So if I understand you right, Pighead, your basic complaint is that AH has become more popular?
    Its out of control. Somebody needs to put the censor stars on the phrase. **** **. Much better.
    Ah. I didn't understand you right. Its that you would prefer a different AH, which was less popular but run the way you want it.

You could be in luck! They're always telling us that boards isn't a democracy, so being vastly outnumbered by people who prefer the new format isn't a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

bonkey wrote:
    So if I understand you right, Pighead, your basic complaint is that AH has become more popular?

Ah. I didn't understand you right. Its that you would prefer a different AH, which was less popular but run the way you want it.

You could be in luck! They're always telling us that boards isn't a democracy, so being vastly outnumbered by people who prefer the new format isn't a problem!
    bonkey, Pighead doesn't mean to be rude, but what the fcuk are you talking about ya big eejit?

Pigheads complaint was that the usage of the phrase Yore Ma has increased lately and it has got tired annoying very quickly. Pighead couldn't give a fcuk if there were 20 people or 20'000 people posting in AH, its Yore Ma thats the problem (no offence).

Now put that in your pipe, smoke it and come back with an apology within the hour. bonkey you're normally dead on but today you're just a scary weird superfreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thebaz wrote:
    it must be great to know everything , and more importantly to be always right !!!! i said let it lie , but you can't --- others may be frightened of you, but i for sure ain't -- but maybe you've bullied me from using AH with your stereotypical arrogant attitude -- so ffs let it lie

im sorry, but you just seem to be using the same argument over and over again.

just becuase you say let it lie, doesn't mean i am not going to say something i want to say. and you call me arrogant!

as for bullying, i see no evidence of bullying, just me telling you that i have no problem with criticism, but that that isn't what you gave.

youre the one looking for closure here, and yet you keep making complaints about me.
    in fact, looking at your last post, all i can say is that it appears you have heard a lot of big words that adults used, and youve used them all out of context.

now, if youw ant to let it lie, i suggest you just dont type any more. but feel free to continue complaining. every post you put up here compounds my initial point.

just becuase you say let it lie, doesn't mean i am not going to say something i want to say. and you call me arrogant!

you even proudly admitted yourself to your arrogance

now, if youw ant to let it lie, i suggest you just dont type any more. but feel free to continue complaining. every post you put up here compounds my initial point.

??? -- luckily we are obviously polar opposites .

do you want this to deteriorate into trading insults -- cause it will get nasty -- i'd rather let it lie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

you reminded me Terry , i'm now a reformed lover not a fighter -- so i wave the white flag into submission

• Advertisement

Only as long as you can have the last word. WWM gave held the door open for you but to quietly leave this as it was isn't what you want.

Advertisement