Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone a ripwave plus user?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

fine for browsing if your close to a mast. I actually use it for torrents and get 100kb down most of the time. It does depend on coverage in your area but you can return it within 7 days if it doesnt work. Just dont expect gaming or streaming video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Yep I use it too in work, no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Excellent - thanks for that. Cheaper than O2 which makes me lean towards it as an option.

Apologies if this is a silly question, as I'm really not the best when it comes to all things techy, but how would that work with downloading stuff like songs and tv shows? Would it be too slow?

hot fuss wrote:
    Excellent - thanks for that. Cheaper than O2 which makes me lean towards it as an option.

Apologies if this is a silly question, as I'm really not the best when it comes to all things techy, but how would that work with downloading stuff like songs and tv shows? Would it be too slow?

It does depend on your signal but i use it for downloading TV shows and songs. Its not incredibly fast but its about the same speed as my old eircom 1MB connection. Also its unlimited so there's no cap. You wont be able to download TV shows on an O2 card.

Hi,

Thanks for that. Why can't you download TV shows on an O2 card?

• Advertisement

well technically you can, but its quite slow(well it was when i tested one) and there is a cap which you will exceed pretty quickly downloading TV shows. Not sure if Torrents work though?

What are torrents? Tried to look it up in work, but any sites I clicked on are blocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Torrents are basically a form of transfering files. If you want to know the intricacies i suggest you google it.

Be careful though, while torrents themselves are not illegal they can be used to transfer illegal videos/music/software etc and therefore linking to torrent sites here will cause your post to be edited, your thread to be locked and you to possibly be banned. I'd suggest contacting a moderator if your not sure about linking to something ;)

Thanks for that. I did some googling alright, but as I said, most of the sites that came up were blocked by the IT police in work.

Cheers

Advertisement