Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rip Off Insurance

Options
  • 28-08-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

I recently came back for travelling for the past 2 years and decided to get mysef a car. Liking my cars i couldn't bring myself to get a small 1 litre so i went and bought a celica.
    The problem is the insurance, i am 27 with a full licence the past 8 years and a paying E1500 for insurance. The reason behind this is the fact that i didn't insure a car here for 2 years i lost all my no claims bonus
    Is this right? Has anyone else had similar problems and did they find a way around it?
    Is this the law or is it the insurance companies taking the law into their own hands and ripping people off????

Any Help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Welcome to Ireland! Land of car Insurance rips off's!

€1500 for a Celica aint bad.. try getting insured on an Integra DC5!
    Try xsdirect, should halve your quote, but with a €4k excess on your policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

THEFRIDGE wrote:
    I recently came back for travelling for the past 2 years and decided to get mysef a car. Liking my cars i couldn't bring myself to get a small 1 litre so i went and bought a celica.
    The problem is the insurance, i am 27 with a full licence the past 8 years and a paying E1500 for insurance. The reason behind this is the fact that i didn't insure a car here for 2 years i lost all my no claims bonus
    Is this right? Has anyone else had similar problems and did they find a way around it?
    Is this the law or is it the insurance companies taking the law into their own hands and ripping people off????

Any Help greatly appreciated

Who you insured with? Some insurers say 2 years others give 3. I sold my car earlier on in the year & am driving the wifes car at the moment. My last insurer told me I had 2 years to insure a car in my own name before I'd lose my 10 year ncb. AFAIK there's feck all you can do about it after that!
    Tenzor07 wrote:
    Welcome to Ireland! Land of car Insurance rips off's!

€1500 for a Celica aint bad.. try getting insured on an Integra DC5!
    Try xsdirect, should halve your quote, but with a €4k excess on your policy.

I often wonder, would you be just better off just going with xs in the first place, drive any car you want & take the chance on it?

Advertisement