Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weld on backbox?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Any ideas for what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Any decent exhaust centre would be able to provide the piping and weld it for you no problem. Mate of mine bought a universal backbox like your self and was in the same situation, he left it into Kwik-Fit and they did they welded the pipe and the back box on for him for 80 quid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Yeah, I have one guy who will do it cheap. Got mine done for €25 in that tyre place in Templeogue Villgae (Can't remember the name but it's right beside the only petrol station there). Just drive up on some random Saturday.

a lot of places don't do welding anymore because they don't make enough money on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Square fit in tallaght do them for €50,there opposite IIT tallaght

You wont need clamps if its being welded

Er, the back box should just hang off two rubber thingys and won't require a bracket? Unless ofc you have a problem with the exhaust a little further down?

• Advertisement

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/images/performance/magnaflow/15686.jpg

See the two metal bars at the top of this exhaust. They slide into two blocks of rubber that are attached to your chassis. So there's no need for clamps. Perhaps further down the exhaust system towards the manifold you might but tbh I can't remember. The point is you shouldn't need them.

Edit :: Looking back over your post I though this was for a Honda (don't ask me why) so you're not the only one half asleep today.

They'l weld a bar onto the top that goes into the "rubber thingys"

Just bring the box alone and they'l do the rest

Advertisement