Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham in for Adriano

• 28-08-2007 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking News on SSN.

West Ham have confirmed they have made an approach to Internazionale for Adriano.

Inter confirmed last weekend they were willing to loan out the Brazilian striker so that he can regain some form and fitness after dropping down the pecking order at Giuseppe Meazza.

Manchester City and Parma had been linked with the powerful forward, although Adriano's agent appeared to rule out the prospect of leaving on loan with the transfer window set to slam shut on Friday

However, West Ham have now declared an interest in Adriano and are hoping to lure him to Upton Park before Friday's transfer deadline.

The 25-year-old has suggested he would be willing to leave Inter on a permanent basis and may be tempted by the chance to get his career back on track at West Ham.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...691666,00.html

Im sure he and Bellamy would get on grand...!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

His powerfull game would be well suited to the Premiership. Ive been saying that for a while.

But he is a mood oul git, the kind of player that wouldnt like the food so he would go home in a huff.

After the Confederations Cup in 2005 everyone, myself included, thought he would be one of the best strikers ever. I think he has just been lazy ever since, the whole, "I'm #1 so why try harder?" syndrome.

If he got himself in check he could be a force. We have seen before that talent can get wasted at West Ham...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

oh ffs... is there anyone West Ham wont go for these days? still, i guess i'd be interested enough to see him in the prem. he always seemed to have the physical strength for it to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would be a great signing i think, im sure once he realised where he was he'd work hard to play his way out of there and back to Inter! That or sulk...

Seriously, if he did put in effort again though he could really be a force.

West Ham really have gotten a taste for bad eggs though these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭weemcd

possibility of united to step in and make an offer after the departure of ole?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

im slowly beginning to despise the hammers...like someone already said is there anyone they wont go for? and what is with signing dickhead players: bowyer, bellamy, dyer, neill? this club should be playing championship football.. dont do it adriano!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

They reckon Dyer has broken a leg tonight so no doubt they'll be pushing for this transfer.
    On SSN Wenger was saying he turned down Adriano this summer. Another iffy loan deal, do West Ham not learn anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Savman wrote:
    They reckon Dyer has broken a leg tonight so no doubt they'll be pushing for this transfer.
    On SSN Wenger was saying he turned down Adriano this summer. Another iffy loan deal, do West Ham not learn anything?

Why would this one be iffy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Adriano is a great talent but he's a mouthy fooker at the same time. I think West Ham are insane for trying to assemble such a motley crew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

West Ham? It was only 2 years ago when Chelsea were, apparently, trying to do everything they could to lure him to England.

I know he's a lazy "playboy" style player, but has he really gotten that bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

From "50m best striker ever" to "on loan" in less than a season.

kdjac

• Advertisement

fortuneg wrote:
    Why would this one be iffy?
    When a world class player joins a Premiership team who narrowly avoided relegation, something's iffy. Whoah there's that deja vu again...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Savman wrote:
    When a world class player joins a Premiership team who narrowly avoided relegation, something's iffy. Whoah there's that deja vu again...

oh, here was me thinking it was the third part ownership/Kia Joorabchian/MSI stuff that was the problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Mikeyt086 wrote:
    After the Confederations Cup in 2005 everyone, myself included, thought he would be one of the best strikers ever. I think he has just been lazy ever since, the whole, "I'm #1 so why try harder?" syndrome.

His dad actually died and he turned to drink was what i heard.

SSN were reporting Adriano turned down this move.
    Would like to see him in the Prem though, maybe someone else will make a move :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Savman wrote:
    SSN were reporting Adriano turned down this move.
    Would like to see him in the Prem though, maybe someone else will make a move :confused:
    he's probably waiting for a bigger club.

West Ham are just buying any player available and paying ridiculous money. i can see them doing a Leeds tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

isnt Adriano meant to have a serious drink problem?

Washout wrote:
    Thats what the rumour is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Washout wrote:
    He admitted he'd been drinking too much since his father died and that was the reason his wife left him and took their child with her. He's now back with her and is off the drink and said he wants to repay Inter for all the help they have given him(He released a statement a few weeks ago syaing all this). He only wants a transfer coz the club want too loan him to a lower club but he said he does'nt want to go on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah there is alot of roumers surrounding that drinking situation, you can see there has been like 4 different stories in here, everyone hears something different.

If he got his head right and his attitude right then i would welcome him to Old Trafford with open arms.

Advertisement