Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a Christian Widow or Widower?

• 28-08-2007 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Just thinking of starting a forum for christian widows and widowers. A forum for encouragement, advice, friendship...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Hi Living4Him,

Nice idea...

Am not a widow/widower, but I am separated. Have lots of great friends, but only those in a similar position can truely understand what's it's like to be in our position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Nice idea. Why dont you raise the idea here and see what the response is like
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Magnify

Living4Him wrote: »
    Hi,

Just thinking of starting a forum for christian widows and widowers. A forum for encouragement, advice, friendship...

I lost my husband last year

Magnify. I could not have got through these months without the Lord, my family and Christian friends. This forum is a great idea

Magnify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Magnify

Magnify wrote: »
    I lost my husband last year after 45 years of marriage. I could not have got through these months without the Lord, my family and Christian friends. This forum is a great idea for words of encouragement,sharing experiences and perhaps prayer. He truly is proving to be 'a husband to the widow and a father to the fatherless'

Why did you wish to start this forum? I have been trying to find a good Christian group. I am a socil worker and spent years providing bereavement therapy, but it's different when it's me Magnify I keep being asked to lengthen my message as it is too short and I have run out of things to say!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Widow.ie

Hi there,
    I couldn’t help but notice this topic… I have this week uploaded content to my new web site
    www.widow.ie
    It contains information appropriate to widows in Ireland e.g. Books, links to other relevant sites, financial issues and a dedicated Forum just for widows. All ages are welcome, young and older. Below is the link to the forum
    http://widow.lozt.com/index.php
    I am a young widow myself (36yrs) and understand the need to talk with others in a similar situation. Please pass the word around to anyone you feel would benefit from the site and forum.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement