Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas compliance requirements

Options
  • 28-08-2007 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I am getting work done on my house including a new gas central heating system (previously gas but an older system). The work is almost complete. The plumber (foreign) seems to be quite competant and I am sure he is qualified, yet he is not a registered gas installer.

- What documentation should I insist on to ensure the work is up to standard?

- How can this be achieved at the present stage?

- Is the architect required to ensure that standards are complied with (in the early stages they gave the impression that the work would be completed by a heating contractor)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

the connecting of any gas appliance to the gas mains HAS to be done by a registered gas installer so if the guy is not registered then u need someone who is: it varies between 80 and 120 for the job and the piece of paper. this is the only part of the work that is regulated for the situtation you describe

As to the rest of the job you are on your own vis a vis standards.

Did you have anything in the contract?

I see below that the rate seems to be 150, I got one done in Balbriggan in July for 120.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Its actually €150 for a cert.

Advertisement