Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

When to take pre-test lessons?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Have a date for my test - October 11th in the new Ballymun test centre. I got 6 lessons when I started driving 1 year ago, and have been driving 5 days a week every since. I think my driving is a pretty good standard but there's always room for improvement, anyway just wondering when is the best time to take these pre-test lessons because /i'd imagine it's a bit too early right now. Also how many do people usually get, 1,2, more? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

I did 4 in total.

2 on the day and 2 the two days before the test.

I don't think it's a case of how many, but how close you take them to the test itself.

Basically i was well prepared for the test as i'd spent the previous 2 hours driving about with my instructor, doing things right.

Unless you've money to burn, the sensible option is to take as many as you can afford as close as possible to the test day/time.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭iconnect

Have a date for my test - October 11th in the new Ballymun test centre. I got 6 lessons when I started driving 1 year ago, and have been driving 5 days a week every since. I think my driving is a pretty good standard but there's always room for improvement, anyway just wondering when is the best time to take these pre-test lessons because /i'd imagine it's a bit too early right now. Also how many do people usually get, 1,2, more? Thanks.

You should take a pre-test as soon as possible so your instructor can make you aware of your faults and you can practice.
    Then you can make a plan as regards how many lessons you require(now that you know what standard you are at). The worst thing to do is leave it until you have no time to correct your faults.

Hope this advice helps

www.betterdrive.net

Advertisement