Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual Text Message...

• 28-08-2007 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi. Today I bought a Vodafone Live! 3G Sim card while Im on holiday. I put it in my phone and turned it on, 2 mins later I got a message from "CREDIT" saying:
    "Ur Awarded 80euro credit & MP4Player with Video&Music! Text CLAIM to 57030 to accept & collect! MTL 0818300048. Sub i 5euro/week. 0utout? Text quit 57030". Just wondering did anyone else get this message, and reply to get the credit?(obviously subscribe then get the credit and unsubscribe) Just so unusual to get it instantly when I turn on the Sim. Any answers Id be happy!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do not sign up for it. It's a scam.

If in doubt call customer care to confirm you've not been billed for the message or if you feel you'd like to see if it's a genuine message from Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

pjjk90 wrote:
    Hi. Today I bought a Vodafone Live! 3G Sim card while Im on holiday. I put it in my phone and turned it on, 2 mins later I got a message from "CREDIT" saying:
    "Ur Awarded 80euro credit & MP4Player with Video&Music! Text CLAIM to 57030 to accept & collect! MTL 0818300048. Sub i 5euro/week. 0utout? Text quit 57030". Just wondering did anyone else get this message, and reply to get the credit?(obviously subscribe then get the credit and unsubscribe) Just so unusual to get it instantly when I turn on the Sim. Any answers Id be happy!
    Thanks

It's spam from

Short Code 57030
    Service Provider Zamano
    Telephone 0818 300 051
    Address cs@zamano.com

and illegal i think, report it to RegTel

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Report it to the Data Protection Commissioner too. www.dataprivacy.ie

The company involved can be fined 3K for sending you this message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭geffkane

3K. ha ha ha. Although this company has been regularly fined in the UK they are untouchable in Ireland. The Data Protection Commissioner and Regtel refuses to take any action although they have received hundreds of complaints. Yes sending such messages in technically illegal but they have been doing so on a large scale for a few years now and have never been fined a cent. Enjoy your free MP4 player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This shower MTL are also spam faxing. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They alwasys text me, just ignore or it will cost you a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Was there really a need to bump this year old thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement