Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Media Sharing Woes

• 28-08-2007 8:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have two PCs,
    One running Vista Home Premium, the other running XP Home SP2
    Both are running WMP11.
    All the music is stored on the Vista PC, and I would like to share this with the XP PC.
    When I activate sharing on both WMP libraries, I see media from XP on Vista, but I dont see media from Vista on XP.

I think after much googling that XP is conveniently "not compatible" with media sharing but didn't find any concrete answers.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Any little sourceforge project that acts an XP client or something?

Or alternatively can anybody recommend any alternative media sharing software.. well not so much sharing but more server-client based... The XP PC contains no media.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Well , you could just share the folder that the media is in , right click on the folder , click sharing ... and follow the instructions.

Or if you want to stream from one to the other , try VLC , better than any flavour of Windows media player by far ...

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yea i got that done in the end. M$ have disabled network sharing of the Music folder... solved by dragging to the Public folder :p

Advertisement