Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Respray recs...

Options
  • 28-08-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi petrol heads...

I'm planning on getting my boyfriend's beloved old Alfa resprayed for him as a surprise present - could any of ye point me in the direction of a few good body shops - who'll do a quality job, prepare it, fix a few dents at the same time etc?

He's VERY sentimental about this old car, so it'd have to be done right...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

There's a bodyshop near me with a great reputation and experience in classics, modifying and restoration as well as the simpler bodywork. They do top quality work mainly on VW restorations (Beetles and such) and buggy conversions. It's in Fermanagh, if thats not too far away give me a shout and I'll dig out a number for them for you.

The guy that runs it is a total petrolhead and was on the phone to me regularly with tips and help to restore my Porsche as best I could even though he was not getting any work at all out of it.

They aren't cheap (thats why I gave them no work) but their work speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ponygirl

Thanks OKenora, but that's a wee bit too far from me. Esp as I'm trying to do this by stealth!

I've called my trusty mechanic who's promised a few good contacts.

Fingers Xed.

Advertisement