Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horrible Injury for Dyer

• 28-08-2007 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Well Kieron Dyer is injured yet again, and this one was particularly nasty. Double fracture in his leg apparently, you could see it snap (similar to Djibril Cisse's break if you can recall it). Will be out for at least 6 months by the looks of things. Poor chap is so unfortunate with injuries, feel bad for him - he was such a bright talent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus thats really not good news. He's had an awful career of injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

He really has been terribly unlucky with injuries.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2691913,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

leg breaks are awful to see.very unfortunate for the guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Sad to see it from a personal point of view but I'm literally laughing my ass off at West Ham. He was unable to pass the medical at West Ham and has endured injuries for almost half of his career. So what the blue hell were West Ham thinking of when they bought him? It's almost as bad as the Real Madrid/Johnathan Woodgate debacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

They signed Faubert, who is now out for 6 months with an injury and I think Dyer was his replacement....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Poor guy, I remember reading not too long ago about how he felt almost suicidal with all his injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

West ham have absolutely no luck (or decent medical team). it's such a shame though to see a talent like Dyer's being forced on the sidelines for so much. it's a wonder how much more he could take of this kind of disappointment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

West ham have absolutely no luck (or decent medical team). it's such a shame though to see a talent like Dyer's being forced on the sidelines for so much. it's a wonder how much more he could take of this kind of disappointment...

I am sure the 60k a week he get's will cheer him up.

He wont be able to go into clubs and burn £50 notes now so he will be a bit disappointed about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

was feeling sad until i realised he signed for wet spam.

hilarious.

i hope some more of their players get injured. the deserve to go straight down after the debacle of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

poor guy. he must have broken a couple of mirrors to suffer all that bad luck.

never nice to see but he was just starting to get over the injury problems and find some form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i hope some more of their players get injured. the deserve to go straight down after the debacle of last season.

idiotic statement.

*clap clap*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

i didnt see it the injury, but the guy must be seriously thinkin of hanging up the boots now seen as he said he was so depressed after his years of injuries. but the west ham medical team must be pretty poor!! and all the money they are spending!! could go a bit leeds united on them if they're not careful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Would not be surprised if thats the last we see of him as a Premier League player.

Am I reading this wrong but are people saying he did not pass a medical at West Ham and they still signed him ?
    Is that not idiotic ?

Surely the club would make no money on his insurance if he never regains total fitness as he never passed a medical.

I know Everton got burnt with something simialr about 5 years ago and now do a 2 day medical on all players they sign. I think most clubs do this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If it's true they signed him despite him failing a medical, with his injury history, then West Ham are the biggest bunch of fu<kwits going. Delighted Newcastle have got rid of him, mind you.

It was said that a lot of his West Ham contract was performance and incentive related so they may at least have been covering their arses in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

hilarious.

thats shocking thing to say, jesus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why are people blaming west hams medical team for Dwyers leg break?

Surely thats just a bad accident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

WWM in troll mode!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

mike65 wrote:
    WWM in troll mode!

Mike.

wow, he's hilarious, can barely hold in the laughter. it must be great to troll internet forums and make yourself feel great.

he'll probably need a few rounds of surgery too..
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2158195,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Genuinely hope West Ham do get relegated after what went on last season. However, it isn't right to wish injury anyone. Certainly not 1 like that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Poor guy, I remember reading not too long ago about how he felt almost suicidal with all his injuries.

Feel really sorry for him from a personal point of view, he is a player who will never know his potential because of his constant injuries...they need to keep a close eye on him for his sake...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

He mustnt have drank any milk at all when he was young - his body seems rightly fecked up.

How come guys like Mattie Holland or Fat Frank Lampard can play hundreds of games in a row with no injury breaks (no pun intended!!) and Dyer can barely play 20 minutes????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

hilarious.

Hmm.. not sure if this has already been reported - but it is now..

This is a disgusting post gloating about someone's injury - regardless of who he may or may not be signed for, or what he may or may not have done in his past..

Advertisement