Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI film is done

Options
  • 28-08-2007 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Just thought that i would point out that after a month of work, the CTYI documentory i filmed this year is finally edited, and is avalible for free.
    Unlike another CTYI documentory which i never saw.....
    Check out www.viewfromthequad.com/ctyifilm and you can currently watch and download the medium quality version. (i would say download it. better quality.)

The high quality one is going to be a big file. a VERY friggen big file. For this reason, I am going to have to leave my poor little macbook on overnight to let it encode. 7.1GB of data does not come easily you know.
    Uploading it will be almost as horrible!
    So subscribe to the mailing list i have added on the front page there. That way i can email you once i have the big version (and possibly a slightly smaller version... if i can) ready. Keep in mind that it WILL be a overnight download affair.
    Am planning on making DVDs on a request basis. I have had problems with putting this on DVD before, but i hope to have them solved shortly.

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Ugh! If only I had gone this year. All I have from my time in CTYI is a lifetime of happy memories.

*Shakes fist at Kevin for making me use brain*

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

After a stupidly long time of lazyness, I have finally got the fully quality copy of the DVD, menus and all, unto a disk, and have it working, with stupidly happy menu audio and all.

So, now, distrabution methods. Does anybody know of a place I can get a small number of these things printed, burned and put into nice DVD cases with little leaflets and such for a small price? Found a place a while back which did it for about 2 euro per DVD, but seem to have lost the link. Once I get that sorted, will start taking pre-orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You hear that Kevin? You hear that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Kevin's gone into protective custody for his own safety...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's not protective custody, it's hiding. The kind of custody you get put into following a scam is just the traditional kind.

• Advertisement

AND I have somewhere which will professionaly print them up all fancy like, with a little leaflet and all. And shrinkwrap them.

SHRINKWRAP!

So. Now I need to get permission from the people who's music I used. I'm friends with the guy. Shouldn't be to hard.

So, what are peoples favourite charities? Who would you like to support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Jeez, shrinkwrapping. This guy is good. Kevin still has my address AND my five euro. Actually, given rates of inflation, that's... ten BILLION euro he owes me.

I know. The shrinkwrap made this all real for me, really.

Still waiting on premission from the Artist who made the music before I send the DVD off to the manufacturors. If he says no, sure, I have lots of stock music I can overlay. I just really like George Hrabs music, and I haven't heard any bad things said against him from people who have emailed me to tell me they have seen the film.

What do people think of the charity Equality Now? I like it... Maybe proceeds of sales of the DVD will go there.

A little warning: Due to the fancy shrinkwrap (and the postage and package) the best (read: Cheapest) way to order these things will be directly from me. Now, I know that many of you are feeling a bit scammed after... certain events, so if you wish not to, you can also order these babys off the webernet. It will, of course, cost a lot more. Not speculating on the price of the DVDs just yet, although they should not be over 10 euro, and likely, will be MUCH cheaper.

I wasn't at your CTYI and shrinkwrap once tried to kill me, so I'll decline, but as every second comment in this thread has been an 'angry at Kevin' one, I'll continue it.

I'm angry at Kevin.

(It's less effective when you are a Kevin. I feel all angsty and emo now. How relevant of me)

Just got permission from the wonderous George Hrab (www.geologicrecords.com) to use his music.

So. Anybody a dab hand at graphic design and want to help design bits? I am designing the leaflet myself, but I need the DVD designed as well as the cover thing for the DVD case.

Oh, and I would join in the Kevin hating, but I rather like the guy, even if he does listen to Keith and the Girl.
    Also, it would break the "Every Second Post" thing.

• Advertisement

Grr

Just finished editing together a DVD version of the film. Added updated credits, got rid of the old crappy credits and took away the section of bits which other people filmed badly. Which brings the entire thing to abotu 35 minutes, if you choose to listen to the end of the Credit Track. Which I recomend, by the way. Not saying why.

Probable DVD artwork. Features as many session 2 injokes as possible. And a few outjokes. (Pirates VS Ninjas being the main one I can find...)
    http://flickr.com/photos/cianmm/sets/72157604000187134/

Finally got ALL the artwork done for the DVD. Woop Woop!

Now. We either wait a few days until I get the next step done, or somebody with a really fast internet connection uploads a HUGE (6GB i think... could be more) file to an FTP server for me.
    Any takers?

Does anybody use these message boards anymore?
    Looks like they don't...

I remember, back in the good old days...

ANYWAY, the DVD is now ready for preorder. While I know that the main mistake of the previous guy was to take money off people before he had the DVD finished, I think that I can bystep this mistake.
    Because I DO have the DVD finished. The only thing stopping me from getting in 100 million copies is waiting for the review copy to arrive in so I can make sure Kunaki didn't screw it up somehow.
    But when I Do decide to order in copies, I am going to need money. For shipping.
    So that is why I am taking preorders now. If you want to preorder, you will get your copy before CTYI starts (maybe not before session 1... But I have a distributor in Session 1 who will happly set you up with a copy if you find him) so long as kunaki havn't screwed it up and I have to re-upload it to their server. Which would suck.

So, it is a tenner a copy. And i need the money by next sunday. Email me at cian@viewfromthequad.com and we will sort something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Feck sake, Kevin... I can't even remember if I paid him that fiver but by christ. Bah.

The film is available for order online. There are also pictures of the envelope it comes in along with the box, the leaflet and the DVD itself, at www.viewfromthequad.com/ctyifilm

Because I love unboxing photos.

Anyhoo, only use the Order Online thing if you are not going to a CTYI session this year. We have people at both of them distributing.

Also, for future reference, if you are sending me money in the post, PLEASE say who sent it... It helps...

Advertisement