Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

diving in hawaii

• 28-08-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I posted here back in June as I was going on holiday’s injury to Oahu in Hawaii and was wondering if anybody had info but the post seems to be gone.

Anyway I found a place that would do charter boat dives to reefs and wrecks for $100 for two dives so said ill be having some of that.
    Anyway I have done my padi a number of years ago and was a bit rusty so I asked could I do a shallow dive (12m) no probs they said. We drove out to the harbour got all our gear and off we went on the boat. Now I haven’t been diving in 4 years so I was a bit nervous so I asked the instructor to take a quick look over my equipment so he had a VERY quick look.
    First dive went ok nice warm water etc
    Second dive we had a scout around came across some giant see turtles and other marine life, coming to the end of the dive I was down to 1.5bar so showed the instructor and he gave me the ok,had another swim around thinking we where on our way back but it turned out that he was bring us off somewhere else, at this stage I was at .8bar showed him my gauge and he gave me the ok again, at this stage I was crapping myself and we stated to make our way back, had another look .5bar showed him it again and he told me to ascend on my own so I was going back up the line on my own and I could feel resistance on my reg so stopped took one more breath and made my way back down tapped him on the shoulder to tell him I was out and I buddyed back up with him.

My point is this was a dive school and they seemed very laxy daisy with people while diving and they shouldn’t be are there no regulations on places like this?

Advertisement