Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1st years

• 28-08-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Okay, so has anyone else got nothing from DCU accept accomodation info? The other thing is, I cant actually understand the orientation timetable. I am doing Computer Applications, does that mean I don't have to get out of bed until wednesday http://www.dcu.ie/timetables/orientation_six.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I haven't seen this yet! How did you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

U doin CA? Found it on the dcu website

Nope, doing Actuarial and Financial Mathematics. Any link to what the week will be like for other courses?

EDIT: found it!

Looking through it, Manic Monday and Karaoke look to be great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

• Advertisement

can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Okay, so has anyone else got nothing from DCU accept accomodation info? The other thing is, I cant actually understand the orientation timetable. I am doing Computer Applications, does that mean I don't have to get out of bed until wednesday http://www.dcu.ie/timetables/orientation_six.shtml

Yes indeed it does. Basically your orientation starts on Wednesday.
    The numbers beside the times indicate whats scheduled at that time corresponding to this page.
    For example number 5 is card collection in the library and that's happenin for you on friday morning. (At 9 if your surname begins with A-G etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GoWithTheFlow

Stop chatting up the first years Shadowless, jeez:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Stop chatting up the first years Shadowless, jeez:D
    800px-Tumbleweed_rolling.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 this-n-that

Are the things from 8-late all over 18? Are they any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DCU PokerSoc

Hey Hey people!

Did not know there was a DCU forum on Boards!

First of all I would just like to throw this is there! Everyone JOIN DCU POKERSOC!!!! Only Society in DCU were you can make money from it!!!!

If you lads are doing Computer Apps, the code is probable CA therefore you in CA1 if you a first year. So this is what your timetable is looking like for your first year in college

http://www.dcu.ie/timetables/feed.php3?prog=CA&per=1&week1=1&week2=12&hour=1-20&template=student

Are the things from 8-late all over 18? Are they any good?

As of last year you cant get into the Bar without being a member (unless you know the bar staff.....cough cough).

Most of these 8-late things are in the Bar and to be a member you must be over 18, so more than likely they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GoWithTheFlow

One joke wonder eh, thought you'd be more creative than that:confused:

boring.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Have the SU posted the schedule for the activities during Orientation week up on the web yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

Jesus Luke you following me everywhere!?

your hair smells so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ah feck so how many hours roughly will i have as i am doing CA . Also what modules are on on friday??? i was hoping to go home thursday evening as i live 5 hours away

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭simona

robdcu wrote:
    ah feck so how many hours roughly will i have as i am doing CA . Also what modules are on on friday??? i was hoping to go home thursday evening as i live 5 hours away

yeah me too 5 hours away but after few weeks you will speak differently !

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

Please God, don't let me be doing whatever module doesn't finish until 4 o'clock on Friday... Or all the early stuff. Or all the stuff that doesn't finish until 6 :P

Seriously though, our CA timetable doesn't look nice...

Also, am I the only one who hasn't heard anything at all from DCU?

Off the top of my head the Physics lab was once a month from something like 2 until 5, not that big a deal really. It'll do you no harm staying up in Dublin for a weekend once in awhile.

• Advertisement

can anyone tell me what is on friday and also how many hours Roughly i would be doing if i choose Politics And Accounting(def doing accounting got b2 in HL Accounting)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭simona

Wizoom wrote:
    Please God, don't let me be doing whatever module doesn't finish until 4 o'clock on Friday... Or all the early stuff. Or all the stuff that doesn't finish until 6 :P

Seriously though, our CA timetable doesn't look nice...

Also, am I the only one who hasn't heard anything at all from DCU?

don't worry,i got nothing from DCU as well :D hopefully soon...

fyi the timetable is old , it says 06/07 year!!

Here's mine. What would it be like compared to other timetables? Doesn't look as bad as CA.

http://www.dcu.ie/timetables/feed.php3?prog=FM&per=1&week1=1&week2=12&hour=1-20&template=student

the timetable isn't the exact schedule, that changes every year. But the number of hours stays around the same

Don't listen to Mr Plough he hasn't a clue, he never really went to DCU!!

AHHHH they took down the timetables! They must be up to something!

no there still up!! what u talkin about DM FINK???

And I know you can do it manually, but thats only if you have a link like this

http://www.dcu.ie/timetables/feed.php3?prog=CAM&per=4&week1=1&week2=12&hour=1-20&template=student

Which is my timetable.

If anyone wants to check there timetable do this

http ://www.dcu.ie/timetables/feed.php3?prog=CAM&per=4&week1=1&week2=12&hour=1-20&template=student

Where the CAM is in bold put in what your doing in college, then the 4 is the year, replace it with your year.

Should work!

• Advertisement

The timetables go down regularly due to maintenance and a variety of other reasons. If its ever not working just check back later. I'd also recommend you save a copy locally in case it's down and you need it immediately.

gizmo wrote:
    The timetables go down regularly due to maintenance and a variety of other reasons. If its ever not working just check back later. I'd also recommend you save a copy locally in case it's down and you need it immediately.

I assume your speaking to everyone? Not me???

[DM] Frink wrote:
    I assume your speaking to everyone? Not me???
    Just a general bit of info for all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

simona wrote:
    don't worry,i got nothing from DCU as well :D hopefully soon...

just to let everyone know, first year orientation and registration packs are being sent out on monday morning. there really isn't anything very interesting in them, just the orientation schedule, which is currently available on the web anyway, and a letter about registration (happening from next wednesday til friday fortnight).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Cocoa, did you get your place on campus res.

Mr.Plough wrote:
    the timetable isn't the exact schedule, that changes every year. But the number of hours stays around the same
    Well this one was only put up a few days ago.

• Advertisement

Cocoa, did you get your place on campus res.
    what? oh, yeah, i actually just left in the giro part B + signed license + passport sized photo this afternoon. People at the reception looked fairly sound actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭MonaghanPenguin

look out for the first year party in larkfield on the Sunday night of orientation week

I hope it won't be that small that I'll have to look out for it!

carlowboy wrote:
    I hope it won't be that small that I'll have to look out for it!

just follow the drunken Monaghan accent singing ;)

I'll be living in Hampstead, can I still attend?:D

• Advertisement

carlowboy wrote:
    I'll be living in Hampstead, can I still attend?:D

I'm going into final year and don't live on Res and I'm goin. So hell yeah! :D

I r so thar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

*Plans to crash the party* I won't be living on res so any offers of spare couches are welcome!

[DM] Frink wrote:
    Don't listen to Mr Plough he hasn't a clue, he never really went to DCU!!

carried you through 3 years. you're the definition of the word bum

Off topic spam and flames once again deleted. adamski8, one thread is enough please, kindly read the charter and refrain from those kinds of posts in the future please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

That's last year's timetable - didn't you get the letter about the change to CA?

Next year's timetable won't be up until about July, even August and there will still be a bit of tinkering about with it even after semester starts...

Tis always the way with these mad big timetables...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Well this thread is from last year.

Jewelsster wrote: »
    That's last year's timetable - didn't you get the letter about the change to CA?

Next year's timetable won't be up until about July, even August and there will still be a bit of tinkering about with it even after semester starts...

Tis always the way with these mad big timetables...

A change? What was in the letter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

That CA(DC121) is now CASE from first year and CAIS is now called Enterprise Computing(DC120) so use the change of mind form if you want to do that.

What if you are in 1st year atm and may be repeating? Is there new stuff in these courses?

• Advertisement
Advertisement