Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1st years

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Why don't you talk to the course director rather than asking here? Their information is very likely to be more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

I think it's done on a case by case basis.

Depends how many modules you need to repeat and which ones...

Talk to your Year Head. (hopefully you won't have many to repeat!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Phillylad

thanks for the timetable... i cant wait to start but lately i've been hearing nothing good about computer app. anyone ive talked to about it says its unbelieveably hard and there is a huge drop out rate.... just need some encouragement is all i think haha cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

Phillylad wrote: »
    thanks for the timetable... i cant wait to start but lately i've been hearing nothing good about computer app. anyone ive talked to about it says its unbelieveably hard and there is a huge drop out rate.... just need some encouragement is all i think haha cheers

Great now your going to get me worried about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

Don't worry - you'll be fine with a little bit of elbow grease...!

Just don't fall into the trap of missing lectures for the first three months due to hangovers!

Personally for computing I'd advise attendence to all lectures - there's not so many that you can't still enjoy yourself in the meantime and it saves an awful lot of pain and heartache when you have to try and catch up on lectures you've missed come exam time!!

You may find it a bit of a challenge but that's what you should be in university for! If you don't want a challenge, then you're better off working in McDonalds! ;) I doubt it pays as well though - some of our graduates are being offered up to €30K from companies (IBM offer more!) so it's worth it!

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Phillylad

Great now your going to get me worried about it :rolleyes:

you going into the 1st year too.... gonna be sooo lost for the first few days!! ha

Advertisement