Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just been home for a long weekend

Options
  • 28-08-2007 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

That parking situation is out of control - you have to pay to park on the street as far out of town as Maugheraboy and Cleveragh Road - thats a joke - must be true what they say about "rip off Ireland"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Well then Sligo must be the Vatican City!
    The parking is a disgrace in Sligo at this point.

The machines were supposed to be an improvement but they've only made things worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

That parking situation is out of control

You're not wrong! I am horrified everytime i go back it seems to be worse.
    That mess at the 4 lights is the corpo's own doing and they need to reopen o'connell street, it doesn't work and some bright spark needs to swallow their pride. There are simply not the shops (nor will there be with the new johnson's court thing going in off the street) to support the need to pedestrianise the street. On another point hell of a lot of empty units everywhere you look, smacks of overdoing it on the commerical units front.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How did you like the new traffic layout? They seem to like changing it around, to the point where the locals go the wrong way up one way streets, as it used to go the other way. Not forgetting the signs saying no left, right, or straight on at some junctions, and the lack of road markings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭vesp

leave tesco and go to walk to the bus station ( via Dunnes car park / inner relief road) and there is no bin at all. No wonder there is so much litter around. Dirty old Sligo. Where the Borough Council cannot even provide a public toilet. ( They are paying for the leave of a superloo all right, but its in storage )! What a joke... the town is a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Skull_Collector

Was back for a few days in August. Couldnt believe the amount of shops that have closed down!
    Whats happened to Tubergal lane?? Its died completely, apart from strollers there's not much left, and now I hear burger king and the left bank are gone.

It seems Sligo is a dying town!!

Something is badly wrong..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Burger king and the left bank were the only good things in Sligo...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

its ridiculous every other town in teh coutnry the pay parking starts at 20cent for 15 mins but in sligo its 1.20 wether ur there for 5 min or an hour its madness!!and there's no spaces anywhere anyway!!!somethin needs to be done about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Duff

yeah defo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

Burger king and the left bank were the only good things in Sligo...

I heard Burgerking and McDonalds are leaving, since people can't easily park near them anymore the have had a large drop in business. no loss imho.

EssKay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Whoa whoa whoa....

Screw Maccy D's but Burger King is the only fancy resturant Sligo has!!!

• Advertisement

Whoa whoa whoa....

Screw Maccy D's but Burger King is the only fancy resturant Sligo has!!!

:D Very funny!

What about The Bistro, Fiddlers, Montemarte, Coach Lane, Yeats Tavern, Waterfront, The Embassy, Caesers.... I'm sure i've forgot some!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

whatever about the parking I drive down from the Hospital every evening. the traffic starts at the Grammer heading into town. Now to rub salt on the wound when you sit trough it and finally make it to the top of the hill past the other hospital exit they have left it that you can then enter the car park and skip the whole way down to the first entrance at the junction. There was a block in the car park from doing this but the corpo has for some reason moved the large stones away. Personally I dont or wouldnt skip through the car park to beat the traffic but it is the most frustrating thing about the whole system.

Feckers! Never thought of that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Have and did. Needs must and all.

Advertisement