Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Applications?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

So how are the county council vec's generally on late applications?

I might be a few days late with mine, or at least I'll be late with some of the documents required getting stressed to say the least

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Emmm, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I assume he/she means higher education grant applications.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ring them and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

I doubt they would allow extra applications, because it wouldn't be fair on those that got them in on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭beer4life

I just rang ans they told me they will be accapting late offers until may 2008. Now Im confused lol:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

The may assess up to May but if you are late then the money will be backdated to you. For example if you only get approved in October, then you will have already paid your registration yourself and they will refund the amount.

Well, that doesn't make a bit of sense. What's the ****ing point of having a closing date then?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

The closing date is the last date to have them processed as an ordinary application and to get your money is as short amount of time after starting college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭beer4life

Well I got mine of by express post so it looks like its gonna make it on time. Only thing is that some of my documentsa are missing and some of my figures are missing from Social Services because they had to request a statement of some other place. This should only cause a short delay in my payments right?

Oh ya and when will I know if I have been accepted for a grant?

They told me within a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Lucas10101 wrote:
    They told me within a few days.

Really? When did you hand it in? When I handed mine in, they told me I wouldn't know until late October, early November!

Advertisement