Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UV florescent tubes

Options
  • 28-08-2007 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

B&Q have 4foot UV tubes for just over 13euro at the moment.

It says on tube they are 40watt. -All the 4 foot holders they had said they provided much more than 40 watts. Will it make a difference what holder I use, or do I need to change the the fuse in the holder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

B&Q have 4foot UV tubes for just over 13euro at the moment.

It says on tube they are 40watt. -All the 4 foot holders they had said they provided much more than 40 watts. Will it make a difference what holder I use, or do I need to change the the fuse in the holder?

Once the holder has the same or higher rating then the tube you are good to go.

It would only be a problem if you used a higher rated tube in a lower rated holder. :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Great, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

just out of curiosity where you gonna use these tubes!!!?

Advertisement