Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I buy VC?

• 28-08-2007 11:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

Ok, GTA San Andreas was my first GTA game (excluding the very first GTA). I love San Andreas, I've replayed the game around 3 times and even when I'm not doing missions I often just mess around in it.

I'm wondering, seeing as GTA IV isn't out for a while, should I buy VC?

Nearly everyone that played VC said it was great, but that was at the time. SA has better graphics, longer gameplay and a bigger map. I'm thinking that I might be 'spoiled' by these, if you know what I mean, and that if I play VC I mightn't enjoy it at all because I'll be saying "oh it's just not as good as SA"

What do you think? Has anyone else gone from SA to VC and enjoyed it?

I don't have a PS, I use the PC versions, but I think that's irrelevant anyway

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Id still recommend number 3 if you havnt played it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

VC is the best of the lot in my opinion, then III. It is €7.99 at Play.com for the PC. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

If you're playing the PC versions, get Vice City, the graphic detail is unreal compared to the Xbox and PS2 version so it's a lot more pleasing on the eye. The gameplay is exactly the same and it is very enjoyable although i've found it the easiest of the whole GTA series to date.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Definatly get it, if you think you were spoiled by SA you be spoiled by beautiful atmosphere, soundtrack, storyline & gameplay. All key things in a game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Definitely get it, it's one of the few games that I'd consider giving 10/10 to.
    San Andreas was crap in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Wow, alot of replies!

Ok, I'm convinced. I'm going to get it. And besides, it's an old game, it doesn't cost much so how can I go wrong :)

Thanks for the advice!

Its a class game. Brilliant story, great voice acting. The music is excellent and the radio chat shows are gas. You are missing out on a great game. Get it asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

these men speak the truth.
    SA was a good game, but VC is a great game.

And to be honest, SA's map was *too* big. I'm glad they've corrected it in gta4. That, and I hated Carl's character. And the fact that I had to eat, work out etc etc - made it feel too sims-ish. The only thing that was new that I really loved about SA was the car mod garage - spend thousands doing your car up, and them someone drives into the back of you. Cue you getting out of the car, and murdering everyone in a mile's radius of you :D

VC was just masterful - the colourful atmosphere, the music, and the superb storyline. Definitely a must-play.

Tell us what you think of (IMO) the best game ever made.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

OK, I hope you don't me dragging up this topic again. I got the game, and I must say I'm impressed!

I've only done a few missions, and they seem very enjoyable. At first I thought the graphics weren't good, but then I turned it from a low resolution 16bit colours to a high one at 32bit colours, and the difference was amazing. There honestly isn't a big difference between VC and SA graphic-wise!

Tim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

OK, I hope you don't me dragging up this topic again. I got the game, and I must say I'm impressed!

I've only done a few missions, and they seem very enjoyable. At first I thought the graphics weren't good, but then I turned it from a low resolution 16bit colours to a high one at 32bit colours, and the difference was amazing. There honestly isn't a big difference between VC and SA graphic-wise!

Tim

its a greeat game man enjoy, i am so jelous that you are playin git from scratch, i was on the dole for a year and this is the game that i played non stop, make sure you get all the stunt bonuses now;)

there is nothing like listening to the germanversion of 99 red balloons whilst doing a stunt in slow motion on a motor bike firing a uzi at pedestrians:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tim

Wait until you are able to pick up the golf clubs, just run around beating people senseless and escaping from the police in your golf cart. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I loved this version! Very fun! The best radio stations and music of all the gtas so far!

V-Rock!!!!

Advertisement