Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Radio: Bluetooth/mp3

Options
  • 28-08-2007 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey just got a 03 Audi A3 and am looking for a new head unit for it.
    Ideally with Bluetooth for the phone and some sort of mp3/usb or ipod connectability.
    Reccomendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

Sony MEX-BT2500/BT-5000?
    No usb connection, but does have aux :)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

I have one of these for sale if you are interested

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=29273

As new, excellent condition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Hey Enright I replied in the adverts thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If I were you i'd get on to eBay and pick up an OEM nav unit.

• Advertisement

Well perhaps one for an A3! Put A3 navi into eBay, and set location as European Union.

As cool as that looks its not really what I'm looking for.
    Cheers for the reccomendation though.

Does your car have a normal DIN radio? If so, you could replace it with a Becker nav unit. I had a Becker 7945 bluetooth in my last car, found it fantastic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Eoin087 wrote:
    Sony MEX-BT2500/BT-5000?
    No usb connection, but does have aux :)
    I second the Sony MEX-BT2500 - I have one and it's brilliant.

Really easy to use - especially when it comes to navigating MP3 CDs. Bluetooth works seamlessly and although the sound can be rough at times it's certainly no worse than any other BT conversation I've have. And cheap as chips to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I have the Aldi Bluetooth/MP3 CD Player/Aux in that I don't use. Want it? Make me an offer, it's the Silver one, works 100%

• Advertisement

IS there much difference between the BT2500 and the BT 5000? Would it be worth spending the extra few bob on the 5000 model?
    I definately think that I will stick with a standard head unit rather then a navi type system.

Cheers for that John Cleary but i've read bad reviews about the bluetooth capability of that aldi one.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

shoutman wrote:
    IS there much difference between the BT2500 and the BT 5000? Would it be worth spending the extra few bob on the 5000 model?
    I definately think that I will stick with a standard head unit rather then a navi type system.
    MEX-BT5000 Specs
    MEX-BT2500 Specs

The BT5000 looks more shiny :D
    Both do basically the same thing though :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JohnCleary wrote:
    I have the Aldi Bluetooth/MP3 CD Player/Aux in that I don't use. Want it? Make me an offer, it's the Silver one, works 100%

I have one of these and think its class but wouldnt sell it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

shoutman wrote:
    The BT5000 I think will store phone numbers so the caller ID will come up on the screen - which is cool. But for €240 less I'd just look at the screen on my phone before hitting the answer button on the BT2500. :)

It looks fancier too, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

kearnsr wrote:
    I have one of these and think its class but wouldnt sell it

I was just thinkin, for the sake of 80euro your right, not worth sellin i'd prefer to keep it as a spare

PS. OP for what it's worth, never had any bluetooth problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

The MEX-BT5000 spec says it supports
    Bluetooth Handsfree Talking with your Mobile Phone in the CAR (supported Incoming / Outgoing Call)

but the MEX-BT2500 spec says
    Stereo Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP)

Is there actually a difference between how they handle calls?

Advertisement