Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo

Options
  • 29-08-2007 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Was lookin at these and i could bring one in from england for very cheap, £3k for a 02 with around 70k on the clock.

Few questions:
    Whats Zetec? Is it a trim level or is it similar to Vtec or mivec?

Are they relialbe?

A decent drive?

Decent mpg?

Comfortable?

im trying to decide between this and a honda accord at te moment!

Are they just a focus with a boot!?

Thnaks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A focus with a boot is called a Focus Saloon.

Zetec is a group of engines that Ford use, but it is also a trim level, generally gets alloys, fogs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

My opinion:

Are they relialbe?
    Yes, generally, get a FSH or get it checked out by AA/RAC for piece of mind.

A decent drive?
    Certainly, driving dynamics are fantastic.

Decent mpg?
    Depends on engine, but generally average - not the car to get if MPG is the most imporant thing to you.

Comfortable?
    Yes very, big family saloons tend to be. Zetec has some nice extras over the base poverty spec.

Vs Accord: Accord very refined, a bit less likely to give trouble than the Mondeo but more expensive to put right if it does. Mondeo is proably better value as you will pay more for the Honda. They are a much better buy than the Focus saloon IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TOURTHELANCE

Was lookin at these and i could bring one in from england for very cheap, £3k for a 02 with around 70k on the clock.

Few questions:
    Whats Zetec? Is it a trim level or is it similar to Vtec or mivec?

Are they relialbe?

A decent drive?

Decent mpg?

Comfortable?

im trying to decide between this and a honda accord at te moment!

Are they just a focus with a boot!?

Thnaks for the help!

Do you mind me asking where they can be bought for that price please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

The Zetec model is not only the trim level, i.e. colour coded bumpers, mirrors, and door handles. F/Fogs, Electric wondow front and rear. It also have a more powerfull engine, 125bhp v 110bhp of the LX model. They are a good car, nice to drive, cheap to service, parts easily got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Just have a look on autotrader.co.uk theres loads there, although most are high mileage (UK motorway miles) in most places.

Don't know how VRT is on them though

• Advertisement
Advertisement