Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defoe swap deal with SWP

Options
  • 29-08-2007 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

The sun running this as a big exclusive.
    Probabaly nothing in it as usual. Hope they're on the money.
    We need SWP more than we need Defoe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

The sun running this as a big exclusive.
    Probabaly nothing in it as usual. Hope they're on the money.
    We need SWP more than we need Defoe.

I agree we need SWP more than Defoe but I would be sad to see Defoe go. 18 goals in all competitions last year with limited appearences shows his quality. The most under rated striker in the premier imo. His only real problem with Spurs is that he is very much an out and out striker. Selfish and cocky are his trade marks where as Robbie is more willing to get back and do the
    sh!t work and Berb makes an effort to link up with other players. HE would be a big loss but more to be gained from SWP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gyror

u need a proper creative cm before the deadline or ur season is over,
    if it isnt already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

gyror wrote:
    u need a proper creative cm before the deadline or ur season is over,
    if it isnt already!!!

Missed the boat already.
    Have to make do with what we already have in the middle.
    Sickening really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I agree we need SWP more than Defoe but I would be sad to see Defoe go. 18 goals in all competitions last year with limited appearences shows his quality. The most under rated striker in the premier imo. His only real problem with Spurs is that he is very much an out and out striker. Selfish and cocky are his trade marks where as Robbie is more willing to get back and do the
    sh!t work and Berb makes an effort to link up with other players. HE would be a big loss but more to be gained from SWP.

His 18 goals last season mostly came in the early rounds of the cups.
    I can't remember him scoring any important goals against strong opposition.
    I think it would probabaly be best for him and Spurs if he were to move on now. He has less than 2yrs on his contract and will be worth 2 or 3 mil less in January. A straight swap for SWP would be great for all parties.

His 18 goals last season mostly came in the early rounds of the cups.
    I can't remember him scoring any important goals against strong opposition.
    I think it would probabaly be best for him and Spurs if he were to move on now. He has less than 2yrs on his contract and will be worth 2 or 3 mil less in January. A straight swap for SWP would be great for all parties.

Alledgedly the hold up is Chelsea want a straight swap but Spurs value Defoe £5 mill more than SWP but are willing to call it at a swap and £4mill. Not the best move for Defoe I would have thought as surely he would be looking at going to a club where he is guaranteed first team football and I can't see him getting that at Chelski.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I have to admit I really like JD, but he has been a massive dissapointment over the last 12 months for me. Most of his goals last season were in mickey mouse games. He never seems to be able to do it in the big games, bar that cracker against Arsenal in the crazy game at the lane. Then again, he has a case wereby he has'nt really got a proper run of games to do it. Either way I think its time to cash in before the deadline. We will be fine up top as Lennon could play off Bent or Berb if need be.

If we got maybe 8 million for him, it would go a long way to improving the middle of the park which is the main preference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I must say i dont believe this rumour,i dont think chelsea want defoe they have pizzaro drogba kalou and shevchenko,also SWP has started the season well and having already sold robben i think they would be reluctant to let him go.I think harry redknapp will make a move for defoe if he can flog nugent.The only problem is if we sell JD we wont have time to replace him and will be left short of options considering our luck with injuries so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Any body but JD!!
    Think we should cash in - i'd do a straight swap for SWP - he has far more upside than Defoe.
    I don't see Chelsea doing a deal - more likely Portsmooof and Big Mouth;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

id be happy to get matty taylor and 5m for defoe from portsmouth.

although, they have been spending heavily, and improving their squad. they could be a hot runner for a european place this year i think.

id be happy to get matty taylor and 5m for defoe from portsmouth.

although, they have been spending heavily, and improving their squad. they could be a hot runner for a european place this year i think.

We can't do a deal with fellow 5th place challangers...........SEND DEFOE TO REAL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement