Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford cd player

Options
  • 29-08-2007 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

Folks, anyone know where i can pick one of these up on the cheap, brother got his first car, 99 fiesta and only has the tape deck in it.

Thanks,

oleras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

eBay is where you'll find them, and they usually about €100. You can also buy a fascia adapter and wiring harness adapter and fit an aftermarket one. I wanted to be able to play MP3s, so I put one of these 29182d1147314797-alpine-9831-cd-mp3-sale-33_1_b.jpg in my old Focus using the above fitting kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Is there any way of hacking an aux input on the 6000s?

Also, in said Fiestas (I have '98 LX), is the wiring there for rear speakers? I know I'll need to get a different stereo (have the 3000 Traffic which I assume doesn't do 4 speakers since it has no fader control).

The 6000 has a CD changer connector option, to which you can connect something like this to give you an AUX in connector. You just hit the CD changer button to switch to it.

The 6000 is also fitted to the Focus which has 4 speakers, so you shouldn't have a problem inserting the cables from the rear speakers into the connector block that goes into the back of the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

£41 for some cables!? Shocking!

I think you misunderstood what i was saying about rear speakers. Currently I have no rear speakers in my car, and I was wondering if the wiring for them exists - there's spaces for them and higher spec Fiestas have them, but I don't see any wires myself :( Maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

I agree that £41 for cables is shocking. There are cheaper (even DIY) options out there. Google is your friend.

Ford don't fit the cables unless the speakers are fitted, so you'll have to run the cables from the speakers back to the head unit, but you should be able to insert the cable ends into the connector blocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement