Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Property Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

You can't trust EA's, especially for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

... or interweb forums! Keep your eyes open and observe for yourself for a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Diceicle wrote: »
    I'm considering buying my 1st home this year and would like to find a resource to get some factual information. Basically I'd like to find out how long a property has been on the market etc? I know I could (and have) just ask the EA but really, who trusts EA's? ;)
    Ask some of the neighbours. They don't profit from you asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Hi
    Really like the idea of what you are doing, but have a few quick questions about the numbers:

1) Is that the total population of Irish property for sale on Daft or just those with price drops?

2) If just price drops, what percentage of properties did not drop price for that same period?

3) How many properties were sold during the period and is there a year on year comparison?

4) What is the average time on market for properties that sold during the period and can we compare that to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Go to the first link, all the answers are there :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hi there,

Just to let anyone on Boards.ie interested in the houisng market and its direction (down!) that a new website has been set up this month and could do with some posters to get some debate rolling. It saddress is simple: www.irishpropertycrash.com

Link is herehttp://www.irishpropertycrash.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

"There has been alot of members having difficulty..."

"I should'nt have listened..."

Am you grammar letting we down?

Personally I think the debate is rolling along quite well on boards.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's like a website, only uglier?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

MarkR wrote: »
    It's like a website, only uglier?

:D It's what I *thought* but didn't want to hurt any feelings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Was this guy not banned for pimping before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

The site is pretty dire. Be interesting to see how long it survives. Plenty of other sites (including boards) that cover this topic area.

Well done on the site..

don’t bother listening to MarkR/psni,

you’ll find that the various sites that cover related topics will all have their own qualities, and quality posters.. Try not govern yours too much.. seems to be a misteak a certin site made :o

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sorry, I haven't actually signed up for the site so can't judge. I was referring to the website itself which is a little hard on the eyes. Try for a more neutral colour scheme. I applaud the effort though.

Mark

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The name Irishpropertycrash.com presupposes that you want (or at least are very interested in) a property crash.

I don't therefore see how there can be much debate other than:

Poster 1: The housing market is going down.
    Poster 2: I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Ah, loaded with Google Ads, looks like someone is trying to make some money on all the talk... I don't see anything wrong with that but would advise to re-do the site...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

the entire colour scheme of the site is awful Im afraid..

You would need to review the colour scheme from A to Z if you want to take advantage of those google add's :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

you could maybe suggest to Google that advertising houses on a 'houses are a poor investment' site isn't going to produce much revenue for either party...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

I wouldn't like to be selling a property in Roscommon or Cavan!
    IPW
    Latest Drops

Over the period 22th February to the 19th March there 2,531 price drops and the average drop was €25,953 or 6.6%.

The 2,531 properties reduced the price by €67million in total.

The number of drops per day was 97.

Report available in html and excel formats.

Overall Drops

11,075 properties have now dropped the price at least once an increase of 891 since the last report. This report is available in excel format.

Analysis of the overall drops is provided by

1)County

2)Number of Drops

Removals and New Listings

The stock of unsold properties has increased significantly in the last 4 weeks. Both in terms of the absolute number for sale and the number of months of supply.

Based on the latest removal statistics it will take over 12 months to clear the existing properties for sale if no new properties were listed. New listings are currently out stripping removals by a factor of 50% this has lead to an overall increase in the number of properties for sale of 2,459 or nearly 100 every day.

Roscommon and Cavan have the largest overhang with 2 years supply worth of properties currently listed.

The average time on the market increased slightly again to 156 days from 154 4 weeks ago. 1 in 7 properties for sale have now been on the market for more than 1 year while over 50% of all properties have been on the market for more than 6 months.

This report is available in html format.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

what happened to site.
    tullamore, galway, cork city center, tralee and even belfast city center has been included in Co. Dublin.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

The figures look better that way!

confuzed wrote: »
    what happened to site.
    tullamore, galway, cork city center, tralee and even belfast city center has been included in Co. Dublin.:eek:

Eeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

what happened to site.

I just took a quick look at the HTML version of the report and didn't see any of these, though as I said it was just a quick look. Could you give me a couple of examples of where this occurs in the report? Thanks

Update:

I just went though everything listed as Co. Dublin under region and I didn't see any properties from the above locations listed as being there. In fact, I didn't see any property listed under Co. Dublin that wasn't actually in Co. Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

download excel sheet to your desktop. Rearrange in ascending or descending order of county council..and here you will find fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

download excel sheet to your desktop. Rearrange in ascending or descending order of county council..and here you will find fault.

Perhaps you're using Excel incorrectly. I used the Excel spreadsheet, sorted the data and every property listed in Co. Dublin is actually in Co. Dublin. When you're sorting data you have to highlight all the rows, otherwise you just mix the data up.

You seem to be doing something strange with the spreadsheet. I've downloaded both spreadsheets and can't see anything unusual with Dublin properties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I think confuzed needs a lesson in excel usage, there is nothing wrong with the report.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement