Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check how good gear is compared to others on realm

Options
  • 29-08-2007 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭

Someone in my guild mentioned they were the 234th or something best equipped person on the realm. How or where do you check this stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Umm how would that even work?
    Best equipped? to do what? Healing, tanking, soloing, aoeing, what?
    I wouldn't trust anything like that, sounds like a way to see who has most epics for +epeen value if you ask me.

I do know there is a site that lists guilds in ranking order on their accomplishments in PvE. They may be related.

Don't know either site's address though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Wow Jutsu is the PVE site that ranks guilds.

Has it's flaws though.

I don't know of one that ranks players.

Would be very hard to do, who is to say what gear is better than what,

Lots of number crunching involved if people have similar gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Someone in my guild said that 42% of statistics are made up on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

DRakE wrote:
    Someone in my guild said that 42% of statistics are made up on the spot.

He\she is a very very smart man\woman.

You would do well to always listen to him\her.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I could see how something like that could be computed in for example a method similiar to how gear level is found. Though it would need a serious amount of extra modifiers and extras in the computation considering how many people there are on each realm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Using the points value put into gear as a base, then scanning the details available on the armory of every 70 on the realm.

Hard, but not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Every item has an item level..

add all the item levels and bam.

edit: this wont work because some gear (ssc) might not be as good as others (tk or bt) while it would have lower item levels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

DRakE wrote:
    Every item has an item level..

add all the item levels and bam.

edit: this wont work because some gear (ssc) might not be as good as others (tk or bt) while it would have lower item levels
    That is the reason that SSC/TK is having their Ilevel and stats increased in 2.2 or perhaps 2.3.

Because of websites such as this which rates people based by Item level and the PvP/Arena'ers are all at the very top.

Hence QQ'ing, hence blizzard changes stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There is no official statistic or measurement of where you rank gear wise, pure bull****....

A) Who said official?
    B) There is a way to rank people gear wise. Based off of Item level, which is blizzards own statistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Item level doesn't mean a ****. My rogue could get/make some top level intellect gear. Would that give me a great rank - yes. Would it make me a better rogue - no!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

As far as I know www.wowrankings.com or something along those lines.

However I don't think it works anymore. I did see it though, it just compared item levels. I was surprised to see how high the item level of pvp stuff is. The two best Hordies on my realm were both pvp-ers in their Arena gear.

macros42 wrote:
    Item level doesn't mean a ****. My rogue could get/make some top level intellect gear. Would that give me a great rank - yes. Would it make me a better rogue - no!

Where do I even begin...
    Great intellect gear... right, you could take up tailoring and craft some frozen shadoweave gear. That might work, as a start.

But who does that? No one. Thats why this system works.
    It worked so well, that when PvE'ers started complaining that PvP'ers were much higher rated than them, Blizzard took notice and raised the item level of many SSC and The Eye, drops.

As a result of raising the item level, the stats on those items are also being improved in the next patch.

Item levels are the fundamental basis Blizzard uses for designing items.

The ranking system is not ranking your rogue against other rogues to see who has the best one, its ranking you gear against everyone elses to see who has the best gear.

Its not 100% foolproof system, but it is valid enough that this blatant distain for it completely confuses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

As far as I know www.wowrankings.com or something along those lines.

However I don't think it works anymore. I did see it though, it just compared item levels. I was surprised to see how high the item level of pvp stuff is. The two best Hordies on my realm were both pvp-ers in their Arena gear.

Yeah wowrankings was the website the people in my guild were talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Just checked that out.....oh my god...any suggestions how I can improve mine????!!!! shock shock horror horror....

http://wowrankings.org/character.php?region=EU&r=Aerie%20Peak&n=Enabren&items=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Surion wrote:
    Just checked that out.....oh my god...any suggestions how I can improve mine????!!!! shock shock horror horror....

http://wowrankings.org/character.php?region=EU&r=Aerie%20Peak&n=Enabren&items=1

Stand outside Orgrimmar with pvp enabled. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

hehehehehehe!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Very Interesting site tbh.

Advertisement