Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A (stupid?) question about unlocking BB5 phones

• 29-08-2007 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Quick background:

Ported from meteor to vodafone and kept existing nokia 6233, not realising that the unlocking code would take 10 days to get from meteor.

The account is obviously now closed with meteor, but phone won't work on vodafone until it's unlocked.

My options now are to reverse the port (looks messy) or get a temporary replacement from vodafone.

My question is this - if I get the temp phone from vodafone...
    (a) will meteor be able to send the unlocking code to a vodafone account
    (b) is the unlocking code simply a string of digits which can then be entered in the 6233, or does the code have to be sent to the phone that's being unlocked.

Help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

damianob wrote:
    Quick background:

Ported from meteor to vodafone and kept existing nokia 6233, not realising that the unlocking code would take 10 days to get from meteor.

The account is obviously now closed with meteor, but phone won't work on vodafone until it's unlocked.

My options now are to reverse the port (looks messy) or get a temporary replacement from vodafone.

My question is this - if I get the temp phone from vodafone...
    (a) will meteor be able to send the unlocking code to a vodafone account
    (b) is the unlocking code simply a string of digits which can then be entered in the 6233, or does the code have to be sent to the phone that's being unlocked.

Help greatly appreciated

There is a stickie thread for unlocking queries so perhaps a mod can move this.

Anyway the unlocking code is just that a code that is typed into the phone, however now that you have closed your Meteor a/c will they still give you the code? If yes I would call them and request the code again as it should not take 10 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

1. Reversing a port is not messy
    2. Unlock codes are not "sent" to the other network. If the code is requested on a cancelled account the returned code will either be issued by the network or attached to the cancelled account on the donor network for the customer to retrieve at a later date.
    3. It should take no longer than 2-3 days to get a Nokia unlock code

Advertisement