Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo IT board missing from menu dropdown

Options
  • 29-08-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Guys

I know this was posted in a thread already, but that thread descended into anarchy, so I will try again.

Recently, a new board for Sligo I.T. was created
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=974

But it does not appear in the menu dropdown - Top of page - "edu" menu

It's not a question of f5 or ctrl+f5. Its not a question of caching or refreshing. There is a problem. Can it be looked at ?

Many thanks

kieran
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Click on "Edu" and that will open a new page where you will see it second from top on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If it is not on the drop down members, those (like me) who use the drop down lists will bever find it.

I came accross it because of another board menbers sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

muffler wrote:
    Click on "Edu" and that will open a new page where you will see it second from top on the list.

Yes I know that but I think you are missing the point. I only realised that the board existed by accident when I saw a frontpage posting to it. People dont tend to click on dropdown menu headers (not very intuitive),
    People click the "edu" drop down to see what is contained within the "education" section. Sligo is not there.

Can it be fixed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah I see where you're coming from alright. It should be sorted and it can be but when is the question.

If you dont see anything happening in the next couple of days PM Almighty Cushion - I think hes a mod of the forum and he may be able to take it further by contacting someone who can sort it or he can post it in the mods forum

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If it's not sorted by Wednesday, I'll PM one of the admins and see what the story is. I can't imagine it's that hard to do, I'd say it's just a script that needs to be run but I don't know that for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump for this!

Any chance of getting this fix as with the year in full swing again, it'd be nice to put some posters and stuff up saying.
    Visit the new Sligo IT forum @ Boards.ie

itsligocopyzk8.gif

Located under the 'Edu' heading'

As opposed to having to say:
    Visit the new Sligo IT forum @ Boards.ie

itsligocopyzk8.gif

Just go here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=974....

.. you got it yet? Take your time, i'll be here allllllll day! You got the forum ID correct? Are you sure? You wouldn't wanna end up in the 'Mustard' forum. No-one has came outta that forum ALIVE!

Whoa whoa whoa... stop the press.. i've just had a brain-wave!

Would the reason the Sligo IT forum is not showing is because (unlike EVERY other single forum) it has no subtitle under it?

Looked through every other forum in the index - all have a subtitle under each except the 'Sligo IT" forum

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nope 3rd level accomodation isn't on the drop downs and a couple of the sports forums are missing from the sports drop downs. All these forums were created around the same time so the script for adding them to the drop downs musn't have been fixed.

There was another thread on here about one of the sports forums not being in the drop down (I think it was swimming) and DeV said he would look into it. I presume when that gets fixed so will all the others.

P.S. There is another forum without a subtitle but I can't remember which one.

Edit: Both marathon/triathlon and swimming have no subtitles but I could have sworn it was something else.

Nope 3rd level accomodation isn't on the drop downs and a couple of the sports forums are missing from the sports drop downs. All these forums were created around the same time so the script for adding them to the drop downs musn't have been fixed.

There was another thread on here about one of the sports forums not being in the drop down (I think it was swimming) and DeV said he would look into it. I presume when that gets fixed so will all the others.

P.S. There is another forum without a subtitle but I can't remember which one.

Edit: Both marathon/triathlon and swimming have no subtitles but I could have sworn it was something else.
    Yeah, 'Swimming' has no subtitle alright and doesn't appear in the drop-down list.

Thought i was onto something there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just admit it - Sligo IT isn't important.

*runs back to Tallaght*

• Advertisement

tom dunne wrote:
    Just admit it - Sligo IT isn't important.

*runs back to Tallaght*

Yeah training scumbags how to hotwire cars and steal old womens pension books is much more important. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

tom dunne wrote:
    *runs back to Tallaght*
    That must be a first! :D

Woo hoo. It's in the dropdowns. :) That's could be what the downtime was for.

Nope, was there before hand :p

Myth wrote:
    Nope, was there before hand :p

Really. I wonder what was the down time for so? The lizard people must have tried to close us down again.

Obviously it was to delete some crucial bit of information from the conspiracy theory forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Look under Sys. :)

Advertisement