Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Co Co buying houses in Kingscourt

• 29-08-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have just read that Fingal County Council have bought 25 houses in Kingscourt for rehousing purposes. What could this mean for the town?
    Kingscourt seems to be struggling at the moment, it has one new housing development lying empty at the moment and it looks like house prices may drop and drop fast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

has already happened in Ballyjamesduff, welcome to the new and beautiful cavan. Fingal co co have bought a full 2 streets of housing inthe latest housing estate being built in the town.

as it already stands, the brand new multi million primary school being built at the moment is too small for the number of children enrolled for the coming years. as in the day the school opens, come next year, it will be too small and there will be one if not 2 classes in prefabs outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I've heard the same occurred in Mullagh.

Ok, so Fingal have bought the houses, where is the employment? Back in Dublin on the already overcrowded N3, and the M3 still the best part of 3 years away?

If houses are to be built in Cavan, there should be jobs too. If people are commuting such long distances, it will reflect in the community life, no one able to take part as they are too tired once they come home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭celt262

Is there proof of this? I heard on radio that it was illegal for County Councils to buy houses in other counties.

Advertisement