Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A lot of sireens on the Outer Ring Road this morning

• 29-08-2007 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got the inside track? I know there ws a to-do at the Kilbarry halting slum but that was at about 6.30 am but the action was more like 9 am. Sounded like at least 2 or 3 emergency vehicles together or quick succesion.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone got the inside track? I know there ws a to-do at the Kilbarry halting slum but that was at about 6.30 am but the action was more like 9 am. Sounded like at least 2 or 3 emergency vehicles together or quick succesion.

Mike.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0829/waterford.html?rss

Three injured at Waterford halting site
    Wednesday, 29 August 2007 12:09
    Three men have been admitted to hospital following a shooting incident in Co Waterford.

A 20-year-old man sustained a slight gunshot wound, while two others received minor injuries.

The attack happened at a Travellers' halting site in Kilbarry at around 4.30am this morning.

Gardaí are investigating the row at the site, in which more than a dozen men were involved.

Story from RTÉ News:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0829/waterford.html?rs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Typhoon

they said something about a search out in tramore this morning after a persons clothes were found on the beach...hardly think they'd have the sirens goin for that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like Gardai are taking that business at Kilbarry seriously, the place closed off and fillled with cops looking for weapons this afternoon. The whole place should be torched and start again, its a hell-hole to be near or in I'd imagine.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i agree they should just flatten the place give em all houses and make live the way we do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

heard about this alright, apparently it started in near the forum, some stupid scuff which lead to 3 cops cars, a paddy wagon and 2 unmarked showing up. Some of the lads did a legger, and the argument continued at the halting site..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tellox wrote:
    heard about this alright, apparently it started in near the forum, some stupid scuff which lead to 3 cops cars, a paddy wagon and 2 unmarked showing up. Some of the lads did a legger, and the argument continued at the halting site..

I saw that first argument. When I arrived, it was three girls screaming at each other but they backed of when the cops told them to get lost or be arrested. The unmarked car soon had a car pulled over near the same spot, and were chatting to a young lad who got out of the car - but I continued on and spotted the van / car down towards the brewery. Didn't see any arrests tho.

Advertisement