Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

property value for house insurance

Options
  • 29-08-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

guys,
    little help. can any on tell me how much you have to tell ur insurance company about ur house price?
    i bought house cost 275000. so i anything happen it would cost 275000 to rebuild so how much i have to tell my insurance company any % or any idea?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

There are re-building tables to value the re-instatement cost of your house. The rebuilding cost will depend on the square footage, whether the house is terraced, semi-detached or detached and also whether there are features which will render re-instatement more expensive. Some houses may cost more to reinstatethan their market value, many cost less. The society of Chartered Surveyors publishes tables you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

thanks for quick reply,
    where i can find that tables?
    house is sami-detached and 1235sqf.
    and what do you mean by
    also whether there are features which will render re-instatement more expensive

Jo King wrote:
    There are re-building tables to value the re-instatement cost of your house. The rebuilding cost will depend on the square footage, whether the house is terraced, semi-detached or detached and also whether there are features which will render re-instatement more expensive. Some houses may cost more to reinstatethan their market value, many cost less. The society of Chartered Surveyors publishes tables you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

wasim21k wrote:
    i bought house cost 275000. so i anything happen it would cost 275000 to rebuild so how much i have to tell my insurance company any % or any idea?
    If your house burns down, you still have a (valuable) site.

http://www.scs.ie/publication/pdf/homeownersguide2006.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

AFAIK the insurance companys dont particularly care if you paid €1,000,000 or €100,000. they insure and pretty much only payout on the houses rebuild cost IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

guys thanks for help i really dont like insurance companies coz they don't care when u claim. i had very bad experience with insurance companies. :mad:
    just have to do it. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement