Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Driving Instructor in Kilkenny

Options
  • 29-08-2007 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I've just moved down to Kilkenny in recent months, and I'm applying for the driving test. Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in the city?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BrotherTotz

Billy Drennan (90% sure thats the name) or the Ab Lincoln school of driving fella r both very good

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Dont go near Ab Lincoln,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Abe Lincoln is awful. I wont go into details, but if you are female, then definately stay away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

LOL, did he make you reach for the "Gear Stick"

That burd Sharon whats her name near the Statoil on the comer road is good, but expensive I think.

I'm actually on the lookout for a driving instructor myself, but I don't want a female instructor - too hormonal and the like. Not to mention, women can't drive.

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha - Sexist from a Lady I like how you roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The instructor Lump is talking about is Sharon Hennessey. I had a couple of pre-test lessons with her before my test a few years ago. I passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Lump wrote:
    Ha ha ha - Sexist from a Lady I like how you roll.
    i always thought Nightwish was a man that worked in Argos?
    Well thats just me.

Sharon is sound, I got a voucher for 5 lessons for my 21st. didnt need to drive at the time so forgot about it, Found it last year 5 years out of date and she still gave me the lessons, I only took three and paid her for the third.

Had my test 9 months later and got a lesson the night before the test from an instructor called Pat, cant remember his second name. He drives a kia rio. He wrecked my head for the hour but was very thorough. Rather than just taking my money and letting me fail he gave me loads of stick which I took on board and passed my test

Plug wrote:
    i always thought Nightwish was a man that worked in Argos?
    Well thats just me.

I think "It" is a female.... I may be wrong.

• Advertisement

Lump wrote:
    I think "It" is a female.... I may be wrong.

Im not so sure, Why doesnt somsbody just ask "it"

"It" is indeed female

See I was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Staying neutral....

im gonna need some evidence, is a signed picture out of the question

Is everyone on the internet a pervert? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Lump wrote:

Yes. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Stephen wrote:
    The instructor Lump is talking about is Sharon Hennessey. I had a couple of pre-test lessons with her before my test a few years ago. I passed :)

I also took lessons with sharon, Passed 100%.:)

Lump wrote:

You being a the mod of slydice should already know the answer to that :)

Nightwish wrote:
    You being a the mod of slydice should already know the answer to that :)

Ah, but we are perving over women who actually get paid to be perv'd over.... you on the other hand a regular person, if you want to provide a Picture I will obviously upload it to Slydice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

Back on topic here...........Larry O Neill is the best around, he runs the Castle school of motoring, he is really patient and here's the best part...he puts you at ease by humming/whistling or singing in a really low key WHILE GIVING YOU INSTRUCTIONS, its kinda weird but it works, I passed my test first time round in 2001 and several friends who I recommended also passed (except one who rammed a car while on a test but thats another story).

Lump wrote:
    if you want to provide a Picture I will obviously upload it to Slydice :)

Now whos the pervert, Its not as if I asked for a "rude" picture

Slydice isn't Rude.

Lump wrote:
    Slydice isn't Rude.

Can i judge for myself, Ive heard a rumour that i have to pm you

Done

Lump wrote:
    Done

Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

windy bee wrote:
    Back on topic here...........Larry O Neill is the best around, he runs the Castle school of motoring,..... he is really patient (except one who rammed a car while on a test but thats another story).

LOL....Larry must be well used to this. While doing my test in his car, i "lost" the drivers side wing mirror. I think it must have been a bit loose, as I don,t think I hit the other car THAT hard !!.
    Anyway,sound bloke that he is, he was fine about it. Needless to say I failed that one, but passed no bother the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sharon is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

I had the misfortune of taking my test 3 times third time lucky lol took lessons with 3 different instructors sharon is good but i did pass my test 3rd time after taking lessons from ritchie moran i found his advice excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Just saw this, said I'd give my two cents.

I went with Ormonde School of motoring first, had Stuart. He has some real road rage issues and a few months back he almost pushed my boyfriend and me off the road as he was overtaking very dangerously coming up to the ring road. Would never recommend him to anyone.

After that I went to Sharon who told me the a set of traffic lights was a pedestrian crossing and I was always to give way to pedestrians. Traffic lights and pedestrian crossings are two different things.

Finally I went to Billy Drennan and I can't sing his praises enough. He is absolutely excellent and gave me so much confidence. Can't fault him at all.

Advertisement