Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getResultMap

Options
  • 29-08-2007 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I was looking to find out more about getResultMap.
    I think its part of java.util.map and when called returns a map.

Im unsure about the parmaters it takes in and how many it takes in and what type it returns.

Id like to find out more info about it but there seems to be very little about it on the sun java site.

Can you help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It's not part of java.util.Map (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/)
    resultsMap sounds more that a DB thing ..

have you got more info? code etc

if it is a DB thing, you prob don't pass any params in, it might just return the results after an execute etc <guess>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I'd say this is a custom method. There's nothing on java.sun.com about it.

What exactly is it that you want to do? Key-pair values?

check out HashMap.get() but it kind of implies that you know what you're looking for from the Map.

If you'd like to tell us exactly what you want to achieve, that would be better. You may not need a getResultMap method at all.

EDIT: Just re-read your original post. Map.get() returns an object, cast that to a Map object, and thats prob what you're looking for. eg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Its okay I think you're right.
    It is defined in the class and isn't a part of the java library.

Advertisement